Position: Mobilization and Generosity Lead
Reports to: Director of Mobilization and Generosity
Last updated: April 2021
Hope for New York (HFNY) mobilizes volunteer and financial resources to organizations serving the poor and marginalized in New York City. Our vision is a city in which individuals and communities experience spiritual, personal, social and economic well-being through the demonstration of Christ’s love.
HFNY focuses on expanding and deepening partnerships with faith-based nonprofits in NYC (our affiliates) through financial support, volunteer mobilization, capacity building, and collaborative networks. These efforts resource and strengthen HFNY’s affiliates with the goal that they are thriving and effective, as measured by incorporation of nonprofit best practices, so that the greatest number of the poor and marginalized in NYC can experience holistic flourishing.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Mobilization Team at HFNY is committed to mobilizing volunteers, donors and churches to give and serve generously towards HFNY and our affiliates in order to further strengthen our impact in New York City. Our goal is to identify, cultivate and retain volunteer, donor and institutional relationships (churches, foundations and corporations). We primarily do this work through individual and institutional relationships. We define success and identify metrics to evaluate internally and communicate externally.
The Mobilization and Generosity Lead is a key member of the Mobilization team at Hope for New York, reporting to the Director of Mobilization and Generosity. The Mobilization and Generosity Lead will:
- Help set and execute strategy and planning, especially with respect to fundraising strategy and events
- Build and maintain strong relationships with each of Hope for New York’s various stakeholder groups: Young Supporters Community, Community Grants Circle, The Hope Exchange and mid-level donors
- Help develop and maintain a pipeline of prospective donors and partners for growth
- Lead Strategy and planning of key fundraising initiatives including: Annual Giving Campaigns (His Toy Store, Year End Campaign, General Campaign) and Events (Fall and Spring Benefits, Peer to Peer Fundraising)
External Relationship Management
- Manage/maintain and grow relationships with Mid-Level Donors, Hope Exchange Members, Young Supporters Community
- Inform and shape strategy and content for all Mobilization Team campaigns and events
- Develop, oversee and manage all fundraising and external partnership requests
- Manage and lead recruitment for Young Supporters Community and all subsequent events
Internal Management and Program Development
- Help develop and implement strategy to identify, cultivate, and steward new donors
- Including Loyal, Mid, the Hope Exchange campaign and new donors
- Help develop and implement a strategy to identify, cultivate and recruit HFNY Donor Leadership Groups, including but not limited to the Young Supporters Community Members
- Develop an annual plan and quarterly goals for the Hope Exchange in order to grow and increase this program
- Manage communications with and lead HFNY’s Young Supporters Community
- Including leading all meetings, agendas, recruitment strategies and goals
- Collaborate with the Director of Mobilization and Generosity to set and manage Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) in accordance with Mobilization Team and Organization strategy
- Help Maintain accuracy of constituent records in salesforce, alongside Mobilization Support Specialist and Data and Systems Manager
Program, Event Planning and Management
- Collaborate with the Director of Mobilization and Generosity to create a comprehensive plan for all fundraising events and strategy throughout the year
- Collaborate with the Director of Mobilization and Generosity and board in setting overall strategy, vision, and fundraising goal for annual Fall Benefit; manage all logistics of the event
- Manage and oversee all aspects of Spring Benefit, Peer to Peer Events and other annual fundraising events (including event Chairs and Host Committee members)
- Plan and manage new events to engage and expand the HFNY stakeholder network
- Deep commitment to serving the poor and marginalized
- Understanding of biblical stewardship and generosity
- 5-7 years of professional experience required, prior donor relations and management of teams experience preferred
- Prefer experience in managing direct reports
- Results-driven and outcomes-focused individual
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to reach aggressive fundraising goals for a growing organization
- Self-starter, quick learner, hard worker; able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Thrives under pressure, remains calm and takes on difficult challenges
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential and sensitive donor information
- Superb communication skills (oral and written); effectively represent HFNY externally
- Resourceful and strategic problem-solving ability; takes initiative with solutions
- Strong project management skills; ability to take an idea from concept to completion
- High level of professionalism, maturity and integrity; maintaining tact, discretion and diplomacy with internal and external stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable; open to feedback and improvement with positive and humble attitude
- Experience with Salesforce, email marketing, social media channels strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
OUR CORE VALUES
- Collaboration - We work better when we work together. We encourage teamwork, we share goals, and we learn from each other.
- Excellence - We are entrusted to do important work so we strive to do our best. We are stewards of the gifts, talents, and resources we have as individuals and as an organization.
- Growth - Everyone on our team has been given unique gifts and talents to offer. We are committed to providing opportunities to learn and grow so we can flourish.
- Passion - We have Kingdom ambition to catalyze Kingdom renewal. We set big goals because we want to make the biggest impact we can for the poor & marginalized in NYC.
- Respect - We share our ideas and listen to the ideas of others. We communicate with humility, candor, respect, and encouragement.
- Joy - We nurture a community where there is meaningful work, celebration, appreciation and recognition.
The preceding job description has been designed to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of the employee(s) assigned to this job. Other duties may be added, or this job description amended at any time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the principal duties satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the principal duties of the job, except where to do so would cause an undue hardship on Hope for New York’s business operations.
Employment at Hope for New York is at-will, which means that either the employee or Hope for New York can terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause or notice. Nothing in this Job Description should be construed to diminish the at-will employment relationship in any manner.