1936 Judson Street
The Teacher's Assistant collaborates with lead teacher in planning and implementing lesson plans that include project based learning in high quality after school program. Assistant teacher collaborates with staff and volunteers and assists with the recruitment and retention of students leading to full enrollment in program. Assistant teacher assists with tutoring, assessments, transportation, meal preparation and other duties as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain a welcoming, supportive and cooperative relationship with children, parents and staff
- Assist Lead Teacher with program planning, implementation of lesson plans and completing ongoing assessment of each child’s progress
- Assist Lead Teacher with integrating technology into educational and enrichment activities
- Assist in recruitment and retention of students for K-8 program
- Assist with the transportation needs of students when required
- Check daily attendance and maintain sign in sheets
- Assist with the maintenance of an orderly classroom
- Assist with planning, arranging and supervising students on field trips
- Assist with set-up and clean-up at after school meal time
- Participate in required professional development programs, staff meetings and parent meetings
- Associates Degree or High School Diploma
- Previous work experience with
- children preferred.
- Knowledge of the developmental stages
- of childhood
- Good communication skills
- Computer skills
- Some Early Childhood college credits
- Valid Driver’s license
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position requires criminal background and drug test clearances.
Minimum Education Required