By developing programs that respond to pressing community needs, New York Cares—New York City’s leading volunteer management organization—provides a lifeline of support to our city’s most vulnerable residents. Last year, we mobilized 65,000 individual volunteers and hundreds of companies, civic and youth groups to help improve the lives of over 500,000 struggling New Yorkers.
New York Cares prides itself on a culture of excellence, defined by integrity, reliability and professionalism. We have been awarded The New York Times Nonprofit Excellence Award, which recognizes outstanding management practices, and the Peter F. Drucker Award for Nonprofit Innovation. The NonProfit Times, Crain’s New York, The Princeton Review and The Wall Street Journal have all recognized New York Cares as a top-notch employer.
The Salesforce Administrator is responsible for the configuration and maintenance of the New York Cares’ Salesforce platform as well as ensuring data integrity. The Salesforce platform is an integral part of the volunteer/donor/project tracking and data management for the organization. The Salesforce Administrator position requires business analyst skills such as meeting with stakeholders, prioritizing requests, managing projects, and translating non-technical requirements to technical audiences and vice-versa. Attention to detail and a high level of organization are a must. This position has the potential to grow into a developer role.
Examples of potential upcoming projects with Salesforce include updating our version of Nonprofit Start Pack, collaborating with our web developer to improve our Salesforce/Drupal integration, and increasing business process automation using Conga and Zapier.
The position will report to the Director of Technology and collaborate with the other members of the four person technology team to meet all the technology needs of New York Cares.
Designing and implementing technical solutions using Salesforce and related systems to aid the continued growth and success of New York Cares. Including:
- Creating and managing complex workflow rules, data validation, triggers, and flows.
- Creating and troubleshoot customized reports and dashboards.
- Ensuring integrity of the system including ongoing duplicate consolidation.
- Identifying and configuring apps from the AppExchange that limit the need for extensive custom code.
- Identifying, documenting and automating manual processes currently performed by programmatic staff.
Identifying and helping to implement improvements to our internal department processes.
Participating in Disaster Recovery and System Continuity planning, implementation, and testing.
Assisting technology staff in responding to technical emergencies or outages.
Developing training programs for all staff on Salesforce and other business tools.
Assisting with the inventory of equipment and help answers general technology department questions when staffing is limited.
Maintaining and furthering technical knowledge by attending webinars, workshops, and reviewing professional publication.
- 3 years working with Salesforce.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator (201) and Conga certification preferred.
- Creation and customization of Salesforce Objects, Record Types, Page Layouts, Fields (including advanced formulas, lookups, and master-detail), Apps, Tabs, Profiles, Security, Users, Approval Processes, Workflow, Reports, and Dashboards.
- Knowledge of data validation and data cleanup techniques.
- Ability to troubleshoot Apex and Visualforce.
- Knowledge of basic UX principles.
- Comfort with collaborating with Technology department staff, and across the organization, to determine the most efficient and accurate solution to a problem.
- Effective project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to translate technical jargon.
- Ability to occasionally work after hours for planned down-time or emergency problem solving.
- Bonus: You’ve attended Dreamforce or have a background in volunteering.
$60,000 - 65,000 depending on experience. Benefits include a generous health insurance plan and flexible savings accounts, a retirement plan, and additional Salesforce training.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com, with the subject line Salesforce Administrator. In your cover letter please cover these topics:
- What do you enjoy most about your current position?
- Why are you interested in working at New York Cares?