Primary job duties include developing an immediate, short-term plan for accelerating cookie sales within the corporate gifting market, and then leading sales efforts to close new business.
This is a unique opportunity for a proven, successful sales executive to lead a purpose-driven sales initiative inside a beloved nonprofit organization.
The Vice President of Cookie Sales reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
This position participates with the Founder, Executive Director and other management staff in charting the direction of the Organization, assuring its accountability to all constituencies, and ensuring its effective operation.
Within the Organization, the position has primary working relationships with the Executive Director, Marketing Director and the senior management team. Outside the Organization, the position coordinates, primarily, with donors and corporate gifting decision makers.
Specific Job Duties
As an overarching requirement, the successful candidate will be energetic, persuasive and well-organized and able to demonstrate the ability to sell.
Sales Strategy, Vision and Leadership
- Develop a focused and targeted short-term sales strategy to demonstrate potential for cookie sales growth, reaching $1.5M in annual sales within 2 years
- Long-term, develop and execute sales strategies across overall fund development, marketing, technical, marketing and sales support programs to maximize sales and profitability
- Understand and educate key Organizational stakeholders on the corporate gifting competitive landscape and market trends
- Determine annual unit and gross-profit plans
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products
- Maintain sales volume, product mix and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators and competitors
- Establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition and supply and demand
- Analyze pipeline and lead data, deliver reporting to the fundraising and marketing teams providing key business insights
Sales Strategy Execution
- Work with the Marketing Team and Executive Director to implement targeted sales strategy
- Create strong relationships with existing corporate gifting clientele at both senior and mid-management levels
- Work closely with colleagues to identify and pursue cross-portfolio opportunities and to develop case studies and other marketing materials
- Understand and effectively communicate the Organization’s unique value proposition and mission, process and current partnerships
- Working with the Marketing Director, analyze trends and results
- Generate and maintain accurate Account and Opportunity plans
- Work with internal teams on behalf of donors and corporate gifting clients to ensure the highest level of customer service
- Manage Cookie Sales support team and vendors to support the execution of the Cookie Sales strategy
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach on a consistent basis
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments
- Prior Sales Director in positions requiring strategy development and sales execution
- Proven track record of successful product sales, delivering revenues over $1.5M annually
- Desire to own projects and exceed expectations, with ability to find solutions and deliver results within a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial, purpose-driven culture
- Sales planning and forecasting experience
- Ability to identify and solve client issues strategically
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with management and cross-functional teams
- Passion for the mission of Cookies for Kids’ Cancer and its mission to ensure no family ever hears the words “we’ve run out of treatment options for your child.”
- Minimum of 6 years experience in professional sales roles with demonstrated successful track record
- Sales experience with specialty or cause-marketing products preferred
- Bachelors degree
- Experience with nonprofit organizations is desirable
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assume a pivotal role in the evolution of a fast-growing, well-loved organization. We are seeking an individual of outstanding quality with a respected track record. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is prepared to offer a very attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary as well as health, 401(k), and vacation benefits. Salary range $110,000-125,000, plus a performance bonus.
Minimum Education Required