Details: Salary is $15.50/hr up to 30 hrs week.
East Bay Alliance for a Sustainable Economy (EBASE)
EBASE has a 16-year track record of advancing economic, racial and social justice by building a just economy in the East Bay based on good jobs and healthy communities. We address the root causes of economic injustice by developing strategic alliances among community, faith, and labor to build power and create change with low-income workers and communities of color.
This is a temporary position for 4 - 6 weeks. The Concord voter outreach worker will phone bank and door knock to survey voters about the Concord’s housing crisis. Voter outreach worker will initiate contact with voters and ask questions in order to obtain specific information. Voter outreach worker will report results daily. This position reports to the Special Projects Coordinator. Workers will work 6 days a week for 5 hour per day, including evenings and weekends (30 min. lunch), starting September 3, 2018 through and including October 2018.
Hiring is ongoing until all positions are filled.
Phone Banking/Field outreach
● Call registered voters and conduct required survey
● Door to door outreach to contact registered voters for survey
● Attend orientation and training as required
● Collaborate with canvass team/supervisor to meet goals
● Collect and record accurate data on voter information
● Maintain neat, and well organized canvassing materials
● Provide feedback of canvassing results to the Special Projects Coordinator
● Connect to phone bank system/Relay dialer
Experience and Abilities Needed:
● Strong verbal communication skills (Spanish speaking a plus)
● Positive attitude
● Ability to meet daily
● For door knocking, physical ability to stand and walk for long periods at a time
● Ability to support less experienced outreach workers
● Flexibility – includes weekend work
● Problem-solving skills and adapting to changes in program
● Interpersonal skills
● Minimal computer skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please email (add resume and 2 references if possible), call or text Saabir Lockett, Special Projects Coordinator, 510-987-6987, email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position(s) is open until filled.