Property Manager - Scheuer House of Coney Island Housing
- Job posted by Jewish Association Serving the Aging
Full Time Contract
3601 Surf Avenue
Manages and directs the daily operations of the Far Rockaway Housing Portfolio. Oversees the rental process, reporting to and interacting with HUD and other regulatory agencies, cleaning and maintenance of the buildings and exterior grounds. Also responsible for recruitment, training, development and overall supervision of the management and union staff.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruits, hires, trains, evaluates, disciplines and terminates employment of housing company employees in the Far Rockaway District.
- Holds regular staff meetings to reinforce the implementation of JASA policies, procedures, as well as goals, objectives and operating standards. Provides motivation and communicate regularly through quarterly newsletters and staff functions.
- Provides direction, training and development to departmental managers to effectively supervise, coordinate and support front line staff.
- Review and approve weekly payroll and other personnel documents for submission to central office.
- Coordinates and oversees all maintenance and physical operations with Operations Manager and the Managing Superintendent to insure that the value and integrity of the physical asset is maintained at all times.
- Coordinates and oversees all compliance and administrative operations with Compliance Manager to insure that the management office functions are carried out professionally and efficiently.
- Identifies, plans and implement capital improvement projects to insure the optimal operation of the physical assets in the portfolio.
- Conducts regular quality assurance checks of buildings, grounds and maintenance operations.
- Oversees compliance and leasing activity and administers program requirements to insure that all housing companies are in compliance with local, state and federal rules and regulations.
- Conducts regular quality assurance checks and audits of compliance activity.
- Conducts staff trainings and disseminates procedural updates to staff. Provides guidance and assistance as needed.
- Oversees preparation and represents managing agent at all agency audits.
- Implements corrective action plans and prepares responses for all management & occupancy review reports in a timely manner.
- Administers HUD approved Affirmative Fair Housing Market Plans and manage marketing efforts as per agency guidelines.
- Reviews and analyzes monthly financial reports; identifies potentially problematic trends; keeps Director of Housing abreast of variances in operating expenditures and receivables.
- Contributes and makes recommendations in the preparation of the annual housing company budgets and administer approved budgets at the site level.
- Reviews and develops systems to minimize expenditures and maximize cash flow for the properties.
- Approves daily requisitions and purchasing in line with budgetary guidelines. Reviews and approves weekly submissions of accounts payables prior to submission to the central office.
- Maintains positive customer service relations between management and the resident population.
- Trains and directs departmental managers and front line staff to provide optimal customer service by responding to resident queries in a timely, efficient and courteous manner.
- Designs and promotes district wide resident retention programs for all buildings in the housing portfolio; including holding regularly scheduled general resident meetings, editing and distributing quarterly newsletters and social events.
- Corresponds with residents regularly to facilitate prompt resolutions to resident concerns via one-on-one meetings as requested, responding to letters, and/or referrals from social services.
· Serves as liaison and coordinates communication involving transactions and activities between staff and central office.
· Maintains positive and cooperative working relationship with vendors, agency representative, local political liaisons, central office staff and other JASA divisions.
· Responds promptly to emergencies as needed for housing portfolio and coordinate response as deemed necessary. Notifies Director of Housing of issues of detriment to physical assets, personal injuries to residents and/or staff.
· Provides assistance and support in carrying out special projects as assigned by Director of Housing and/or members of JASA Executive Officers.
- Performs other related tasks as requested or assigned.
- Four year degree or higher from an accredited institution.
- Industry recognized certifications in occupancy and management (i.e. AHM, COS, CPM, RAM, or ARM) designation or current candidacy.
- A minimum of 5 years supervisory experience in the property management industry, with strong supervisory and personnel management. Experience with local unions preferred.
- Must be computer literate, and willing to learn program-specific software.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office with knowledge of property management/accounting software from industry recognized (i.e. RealPage, IMPS).
- Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management including corporate staff, officers and designees, government agencies, residents and community liaisons.
- Problem solving, financial management and knowledge of maintenance operations.
- Excellent customer service and leadership abilities.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.