The Delaware Center for Justice (DCJ) seeks a part-time Intensive Case Manager for it’s T.H.R.I.V.E Program co-located at Bayard Middle School. T.H.R.I.V.E works with students identified as being high-risk for delinquent behavior and seeks to teach students skills and strategies for improving behavior, coping skills, and academic achievement. The part-time intensive case manager will be responsible for delivering intensive case management services in the community to participating students and their families. This program seeks to reduce incidences of gun violence among youth in the state of Delaware by providing intensive education, support groups in the community, and intensive case management.
ABOUT THE DELAWARE CENTER FOR JUSTICE, INC.
The Delaware Center for Justice, Inc. is a non-profit United Way agency, dedicated to creating a safer, more secure Delaware by seeking to achieve and preserve a high quality of justice. DCJ provides an extensive range of programs and services for youth and adults as well as public education, research and advocacy on issues that impact on our clients' lives. To meet our commitment to creating a safer Delaware, DCJ focuses on issues and actions related to several areas of concern in our criminal justice system. These include:
• Conditions of confinement
• Alternatives to incarceration
• Reentry initiatives for incarcerated populations
• More cost-effective and efficient use of limited corrections resources
• Legislative reform as it pertains to creating a higher quality of justice
• Meeting the needs of victims of crime
• Crime prevention programs
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- Applicants possessing a Master's Degree in Social Work, Masters in Education, or Masters in Counseling will be given preference; Bachelor's degree in Sociology, Education, Psychology, Social Work or a similar social science field is required
- At least two years case management experience; five years of experience in a social setting
- Ability to work flexible hours (some daytime and some evening hours); must have a reliable vehicle and a valid driver's license
- Must have a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, and good sense of humor
- Must express a basic belief that people can change in positive ways
- Demonstrated ability and desire to offer marginalized individuals a high quality of service
- Knowledge and experience with program development and developing processes, procedures, and policies
- Some experience working in clinical or educational settings, especially with children or youth
- Knowledge of social work methods (particularly motivational interviewing) and human growth/development relating to children and youth
- Experience working with one or more at-risk populations.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) and meticulous follow-up and record keeping skills
- Strong and demonstrated advocacy skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with collecting and analyzing data, and managing data systems
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Facilitate violence intervention classes at Bayard Middle School during school week
- Conduct psycho-social assessments to assess risk and need of student population
- Devise Achievement Plans for students and their families based on needs outlined in assessment that focus on housing, employment, education, transportation, community supports, family reunification etc.
- Meet with families + student in the community AT LEAST once times per week to work on goals outlined in Case Plans
- Network in the community with community members, local businesses, educational institutions, and community supports/resources
- Engage family members of youth in educational opportunities on the subject of gun violence/violence in the community
- Link students to community-based support groups & communicate directly with families + community partners
- Provide and/or coordinate advocacy trainings for students and their families
- Update database and client records
- Provide comprehensive case management for students and their families depending on student and family needs and goals
This position is offered as a part-time Non-Exempt position (up to 25 hours per week). DCJ offers free parking and reimburses staff for on-the-job vehicle mileage.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter (containing available start date) and resume to Ashley Biden at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write THRIVE ICM PT Opening in subject line of email. No fax or mail applications, please.