Program Assistant, Regional and State Campaigns
- Job posted by Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
1152 15th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana, and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking an entry-level Program Assistant to provide important administrative and day-to-day operations support for the Regional and State Campaigns team in the Center for Policy Advocacy department in its Washington, DC office. This is a heavily administrative entry level role, not a policy or strategy role, but interest and background in the needs of issue advocacy or electoral campaigns is helpful.
- Scheduling and facilitating internal and external meetings
- Managing calendar appointments and meetings
- Coordinating travel arrangements
- Processing invoices and business expenses
- Tracking Western and Eastern Campaigns team income and spending and driving resolutions of discrepancies
- Ensuring communication, collaboration, and information-sharing within the department and with other institutional partners
- Drafting, editing, formatting, and proofreading internal memorandum and legal documents
- Providing research and writing support
- Providing general operational support and performing ad hoc projects for the campaign managers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1 cycle of campaign experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Superior personal organization, time management and multi-tasking ability
- Good judgment; attention to details; follows instruction well; can-do attitude
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Advanced computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-899-4422.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org
Minimum Education Required