1991 2nd Avenue
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an innovative educational and youth development organization, is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as the Development Coordinator. The successful candidate will be a flexible, detail-oriented, problem solver who takes initiative to drive the operations that contributes to the successful fundraising efforts of the Development Team.
Like all DREAM employees, the Development Coordinator should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM. Come join an organization that was recently recognized as one of the “50 Best Non-Profits to Work For” in the United States by The Nonprofit Times.
The Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Development Team’s efforts in raising funds for DREAM. Reporting to the Director of Development Operations, the Development Coordinator will work closely with several members of the Development Team to optimize the work and strategy of the team. The Development Coordinator will research and synthesize background information on DREAM’s supporters, provide administrative support to drive the work of the team forward and organize donor activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Fuel the strategy of the Major Gifts Team with rigorous, insight-generating research.
· Prepare donor briefings for leadership for events and one-on-one meetings.
· Process gifts in donor database, including the generation of weekly acknowledgement letters and maintaining accurate records of donor information.
· Collaborate with Database Coordinator to develop new and improve existing systems and processes to accurately maintain records of contributions, contact details and other relevant donor/prospect information.
· Support the tracking and advancement of prospecting efforts in Salesforce.
· Drive team administrative operations by collaborating with Development teammates, including but not limited to, coordinating the personalization of donor solicitations and stewardship materials and supporting corporate volunteer activities, fundraising campaigns, special events and large grant applications.
· Draft, edit and proofread development correspondence, communications materials, appeal letters, donor packets, meeting requests and other written materials as needed.
· Schedule development team-wide meetings and activities as well as support development leadership with administrative processes.
· Track and generate reports and analysis of fundraising data and campaign results as needed.
· Champion team fun!
· Bachelor’s Degree and/or 2-3 years of non-profit or professional experience;
· Strong written and verbal communication skills;
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment;
· Exceptionally organized with meticulous attention to detail;
· Excellent time-management skills: a self-starter who demonstrates initiative and follow-through;
· Demonstrated success in juggling multiple projects and competing priorities to achieve all deadlines;
· Experience with fundraising software such as Salesforce or comparable program a plus;
· A demonstrated interest in fundraising strongly preferred;
· A team player mindset is a must!
Hours: Normal business hours with some evening and weekend hours, as needed.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, a 403B retirement account, life insurance, twenty days paid vacation per year and access to a full range of social services through our Employee Assistance Program.
DREAM provides equal opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Minimum Education Required