2 Kingsland Avenue
St. Nicks Alliance, an innovative civic anchor in Northern Brooklyn, seeks an inspiring and experienced Supervisor of Social Work to join our NABE 3.0 team. Focused on five public schools in a high-poverty area of North Brooklyn, NABE 3.0 is an integrated strategy to support elementary age children who are encountering barriers that negatively affect school attendance and academic performance. NABE 3.0 includes direct counseling by Transformational Coaches (social workers and mental health counselors) and MSW interns; comprehensive afterschool services; family supports to gain employment, affordable housing and necessary referrals; and advocacy.
The Supervisor for Social Work Services (Elementary), will oversee five Transformational Coaches (social workers), each with a caseload of 25-30 children; facilitate internal and external referrals; collaborate closely with St. Nicks’ school-based teams and partners; refine SNA’s transformational approach; use data to drive transformational services; and maintain a small caseload of clients, as needed. The Supervisor will report to the Division Director, Youth and Education.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Fully understand NABE 3.0 services, strategies and deliverables in education, housing and workforce.
- Provide high-quality clinical and team supervision focused on progress and outcomes. Listen, share, motivate, inspire and drive staff and team toward high performance
- Guide youth through stages of transformation resulting in positive behaviors and academic achievement. Provide support and direction that help youth overcome obstacles and develop skills to do so independently in the future.
- Build relationships and work collaboratively with families, Y&E staff, NABE partners, institutes of higher education and other community-based organizations
- Analyze NABE 3.0 progress toward outcomes, using Effort to Outcomes platform; share performance report with staff and NABE team , and use performance data to make adjustments in working with youth to promote results.
- Maintain data integrity (data accuracy, timeliness of entry into the data system, and completeness) for those data sets for which s/he is responsible
- Pursue ongoing training in transformational work and supervision, as a member of Y&E’s professional learning community.
The successful candidate will also meet the following qualifications:
- LCSW (strongly preferred) or LMSW
- Min. 8 years counseling experience with low-income, elementary-age youth and their families
- Supervisory experience essential
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and computer skills.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work some evenings.
- Fluency in Spanish a strong plus.
Visit www.stnicksalliance.org to learn more. St Nicks Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position is competitive in salary and includes benefits after a probationary period.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish fluency a strong plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, applicants should send a tailored cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com. Cover letter should reflect why you are interested in the Supervisor for Social Work Services (Elementary) at St. Nicks Alliance. Please write Social Work Supervisor in the subject line.