The American Association for Justice (AAJ®) is seeking a Sections & Litigation Groups Manager for its Sections & Litigation department. AAJ works to preserve the constitutional right to trial by jury and to make sure people have a fair chance to seek justice when they are injured by the negligence or misconduct of others—even when it means taking on the most powerful corporations.
The Sections & Litigation Groups Manager assists with the day-to-day operations of the department. The Manager works closely with AAJ’s 19 Sections and more than 100 Litigation Groups to ensure all members have access to the resources they need.
Job duties include:
• Ensure members have access to the resources they need.
• Schedule more than 100 Section and Litigation Group meeting and events at Board of Governor meetings and AAJ Winter and Annual Conventions.
• Work closely with Section and Litigation Group leaders to set agenda items and invite speakers to the AAJ Annual and Winter convention meetings and virtual learning events throughout the year.
• Coordinate with AAJ Staff and Section and Litigation Group leaders to plan and execute networking events at Winter and Annual Conventions.
• Develop and maintain a communication strategy to market Section and Litigation Group convention meeting and activities and increase convention registration.
• Manage Section and Litigation Group Officer calls and virtual meetings and provide regular updates to leaders and members.
• Act as liaison with other AAJ departments as needed related to Sections and Litigation Group needs and promotional items.
• Supervise the AAJ Sections and Litigation Group’s Administrative Assistant.
• Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years’ experience working in an office, non-profit, or association setting; experience working in the legal field or with legal professionals a plus. • Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize, meet strict deadlines, and work independently or in a small team environment. • Experience writing, editing, and formatting content, including proficiency in proofreading and zealous attention to detail.
• Knowledge of CRM database preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Prior experience in Net- forum preferred.
• Willingness to interact with and provide exemplary customer service to AAJ members.
• Interest in social justice, politics, and protecting consumers is preferred.
• This position requires travel to the AAJ Winter and Annual Conventions, and as needed.
*Due to COVID-19 this position will temporarily work remotely.
*The American Association for Justice (AAJ) requires all employees to show proof of vaccination before October 10, 2021. AAJ will allow for exceptions to COVID-19 vaccination based on a medical exemption, disability accommodation, or religious objection; pregnant individuals may also request a deferral if they wish for the duration of the pregnancy.
Unvaccinated staff with approved exemptions or accommodations will be required to comply with weekly testing and to follow CDC guidelines for unvaccinated individuals, which may include wearing a mask at all times.
AAJ offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits. AAJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No phone calls please!
Click here to apply!
The American Association for Justice (AAJ®) is seeking a Sections & Litigation Groups Manager for its Sections & Litigation department. AAJ works to preserve the constitutional right to trial by jury and to make sure people have a…