2121 Larger Cross Road
Raritan Headwaters Association (RHA) is a non-profit conservation organization working to protect, preserve and improve water quality and other natural resources of the Raritan River headwaters region through science, education, advocacy, and land preservation and stewardship.
RHA seeks a self-motivated professional to lead the organization's surface water protection programs. Responsibilities include:
- managing RHA's stream monitoring program, including the training and coordination of a team of Citizen Scientists and seasonal interns;
- performing data entry, analysis, and assist in preparing professional quality reports and data submittals;
- developing and implementing quality control measures for data collection and management;
- conducting field work to collect visual, chemical and bacterial surface water data;
- investigating reports of pollution and other issues in the watershed;
- implementing and managing special projects relating to water resource protection, including green infrastructure, stream restoration and emerging contaminants of concern;
- interviewing, hiring and supervising seasonal interns;
- other scientific, technical and administrative functions relevant to the position and to the success of RHA's mission.
The full job description can be found at http://www.raritanheadwaters.org.
The ideal candidate will: hold a Master's degree and 2 years work experience (or Bachelor's degree and 5 years work experience) in ecology, environmental science, conservation, or related field; possess strong interpersonal, organization, writing and public speaking skills; enjoy being and working outdoors and have a passion for the mission of RHA. Experience with ArcGIS, MS Access and Excel a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified individuals may apply by sending cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.