Part Time Contract
Details: Compensation based on experience
150 N San Pedro Rd
Position: High School Spanish Teacher
Reports to: Head of School
Position Status: 40% of full time, Faculty, Exempt
The Marin School, an independent college-preparatory high school in San Rafael, California, seeks a part-time Spanish teacher. The Marin School seeks an experienced candidate to work collaboratively with the current Spanish teacher in developing and teaching a Spanish program.
- Teaching two sections of Spanish, Level 1 and Level 2, in the afternoons or the mornings (depending on the availability of the chosen candidate).
- Working with the current Spanish teacher to define the Spanish curriculum.
- The ideal candidate should be committed to issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- When indicated, the teacher will participate in collaborative meetings with parents, teachers, educational resource staff and appropriate administrators to develop social/emotional/educational plans for students.
- Bachelor’s degree in Spanish (Spanish language/linguistics, Hispanic literature, Hispanic studies or affiliated field).
- A strong understanding of the latest developments in world language teaching methodology.
- A passion for working with young people with varying learning styles.
- A desire to collaborate in a dynamic community of teachers.
- A good sense of humor and can-do spirit.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in course design, planning, and implementation.
- Experience teaching differentiated levels in the same classroom.
- Experience in working with high school or college age students in an academic setting.
- Believes in restorative justice as an effective means of classroom management.
- Graduate degree in Spanish (Spanish language/linguistics, Hispanic literature, Hispanic studies or affiliated field).
- Experience teaching Spanish in independent schools.
The position will begin on August 12, 2018.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, a writing sample in Spanish (no longer than ten pages) and contact information for four references to firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO. No phone calls please.