Associate Director, Data, Research and Evaluation
Senior Director, Data, Research and Evaluation
For generations, Americans have called public education “the great equalizer,” while in too many places, our school systems are not living up to that promise, and outdated, inefficient bureaucracies exacerbate inequities. Solving this challenge requires diverse leadership by team members who share the same belief: that America’s public school systems can and must be engines of excellence and equity for all of the students and families they serve. This belief is paramount to the team at The Broad Center, and we are inspired to make a difference by creating a growing network of experienced leaders and managers who are rising to this challenge.
What We Do
The Broad Center is a nonprofit organization that recruits, trains and supports talented leaders from across America to transform urban public school systems. Our programs—The Broad Academy and The Broad Residency in Urban Education—prepare these professionals to put their skills and know-how to work and make student learning the primary driver of every central office dollar and decision. In public school districts, charter management organizations and state departments of education, more than 700 members of The Broad Center’s alumni network are working with educators, parents and community leaders to help schools soar. Regardless of the setting, the goal is the same: make public education systems more effective, more efficient and more equitable so that every student receives a world-class education.
The new associate director will serve on the Headquarters and Strategic Initiatives (HQ&SI) team which supports all 40+ full-time staff, interns and temporary employees on all aspects of their work from operations and talent to communications to data, research and evaluation. The Data, Research and Evaluation sub-team in particular specializes in developing and maintaining The Broad Center’s information systems and supporting all teams with data collection, research and analyses with the ultimate goal of evaluating programmatic outcomes and The Broad Center’s overall impact.
Our culture and team set us apart; our people are dedicated to driving impact and making a difference every day, and our climate is collaborative and vibrant. Diversity, equity and inclusion are vital to this environment. Our diverse skills, experiences, backgrounds and differing viewpoints lead to stronger ideas and lasting results, and our commitment to the values of equity and inclusion show up in our programs, our partnerships and for our team members.
For more information, visit our website at www.broadcenter.org.
What You Do
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is passionate about data and technology, has expertise with Salesforce and excels at collaborating with and supporting the needs of others.
In this role, you’ll manage the administration and development of our Salesforce platform to facilitate the operational needs of our five internal teams. You’ll support team members and increase the organization’s capacity and efficiency as it relates to Salesforce usage and its integration with other technologies. You’ll bring strong project management skills and strategic thinking to help us streamline our information systems across the organization, and you’ll make them as accessible and user-friendly as possible for our team members to answer important questions that allow us to better support K-12 education leaders and school systems. You will use your curiosity and ability to ask great questions to drive decision making and overall contribution to team goals.
What You’ll Own
Specifically, the associate director is responsible for being the chief Salesforce administrator and developer on staff and will support and consult with team members to ensure they have the information and knowledge they need to inform their work. The major areas of work are:
Manage and Optimize Salesforce Usage
· Serve as the Salesforce administrator and developer for a heavily customized instance of Salesforce and multiple other systems that interact and integrate with Salesforce
· Maintain Salesforce security user roles and profiles, security settings, access settings etc., for internal and Community users
· Serve as the central point of contact and support for Broad team members and program alumni for Salesforce and related programs and applications
· Recommend and implement best practices with regards to system maintenance, configuration, development, testing, data integrity, backups, etc.
· Provide guidance around Salesforce and data-related best practices through training, project consulting and process documentation
· Innovate and improve existing processes across teams
Execute Strategic Projects
· Plan strategic information system objectives for The Broad Center across five internal teams
· Apply knowledge of the Force.com platform and identifying the need for custom solutions, designing and developing those solutions as needed
· Design, document, build and test Salesforce custom objects, page layouts, workflows/processes, alerts, reports, tools and complex dashboards within Salesforce
· Support a strong team culture within the HQ&SI team and across The Broad Center
· Serve as an exemplar of TBC’s professional values of High Expectations, Drive, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, Innovation and Inclusive Community
· Establish credibility as an expert and trusted advisor with a range of diverse stakeholders
· Facilitate cross-team collaboration on larger organization-wide initiatives
· Take a leadership role in cross-functional working groups to identify synergies across teams as they relate to technology, data and knowledge management
· Lead and serve with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the job.
What You’ll Need
The following experiences, skills and characteristics are required:
· A passion for and demonstrated commitment to K-12 public education
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Technology/Information Systems or a related field
· Strong technical acumen including:
o 2 years of Salesforce administration experience (SF Declarative, i.e. Objects, Fields, User Administration, Profiles, Workflows, Flows, Report Types, Tabs, Schema Builder; Demand Tools; FormAssembly; Conga Composer / Conga Conductor; DocuSign; Gridbuddy; Fonteva Events; Cornerstone LMS for Salesforce)
o 1 year of Salesforce development experience (Salesforce Communities; Salesforce Sites; APEX Triggers/classes/controllers/test classes; Visualforce Pages / Components / Templates; REST API)
o Salesforce certifications preferred
· Drive to create systems and continuously improve processes
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
· Sense of humor and collaborative spirit
· Ability to quickly understand how long tasks take to accomplish, and to effectively organize and prioritize tasks with the assistance of team members
· Ability to manage heavy workloads and projects, many on a time-sensitive basis, while still maintaining accuracy and strong attention to detail
· Ability to work with multiple personalities, to be flexible with changing priorities, and to be comfortable working independently and with minimal supervision
· Excellent relationship-building skills, with the ability to work effectively with others internally and externally
· Advanced skill in using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
· A thorough background and reference check and proof that you are legally entitled to work in the United States
What We Offer
Full-time permanent team members receive:
· Competitive salary, vacation and 401(k) retirement savings plan with a generous employer match
· Employer contributions to medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans
· Pre-tax commuter benefits
· Flexible spending accounts for medical and family care expenses
· Free access to an on-site gym and a steady supply of nutritious snacks in our shared kitchen
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Broad Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin (including associational and perception-based discrimination based on national origin), age, disability, gender, sexual orientation or other characteristic covered by law with regard to employment opportunities.
The Broad Center is committed to providing equal access and opportunities to candidates with legally recognizable disabilities. We will make our best effort to provide reasonable accommodations at every stage of the application process. Disclosing a disability or requesting a need for accommodations is a separate and distinct process from selection and will have no bearing on a candidate’s application status. If you need to request an accommodation or have any questions regarding our disability accommodations policy, please send an email to DAO@broadcenter.org.
Join Our Team
As a member of The Broad Center team, you’ll work alongside sharp, driven colleagues who have a sense of humor matched with generosity of spirit.
To apply, please visit https://www.broadcenter.org/about/join-our-team/
We will only contact applicants chosen for further consideration.
Minimum Education Required