475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: Clinical Case Manager (Bilingual), Community House
REPORTS TO: Supervisor of Social Services
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time
The Clinical Case Manager promotes client wellness and autonomy through advocacy, assessment, planning, communication, education, resource management, and service facilitation.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
· Supports and advocates for residents on client caseload (total number to be determined).
· Establishes and maintains therapeutic relationships with clients, maintaining professional boundaries and a non-judgmental, unbiased approach.
· Conducts psychosocial assessments of clients.
· In conjunction with clients, develops individualized service plans to promote client health, well-being and independence.
· Links high risk & geriatric residents (65+) with appropriate providers and resources throughout the continuum of health and human services and care settings, in accordance with residents’ needs and values.
· Provides preventative monitoring of all high risk & geriatric residents in crisis and decompensation to reduce hospitalizations.
· Serves as clinical liaison for high risk psychiatric hospitalizations via communication and visits.
· Maintains weekly contacts with medical & mental health providers for high risk & geriatric residents.
· Monitors medical appointments and escorts residents to scheduled and unscheduled psychiatric/medical care.
· Provides medication education and monitoring to high risk & geriatric residents in need of additional support.
· Assists residents and their families/caregivers in navigating the elder care system to meet their needs.
· Ensures Advance Directives, Healthcare Proxies, and other planning documents are in place to help aging adults maintain their independence and age in place within a supportive setting.
· Advocates for safe, effective, client-centered, timely, efficient, and equitable geriatric care to promote aging in place.
· Organizes, facilitates, and escorts residents as needed for on/off-site activities.
· Manages two or more ongoing groups; tracks client participation.
· Conducts monthly unit inspections and ensures proper follow-up to findings, including assisting residents as needed.
· Maintains client records as “audit-ready” at all times as required by program funding sources, including progress notes, service plans, updated physical and mental health information, and psychosocial assessments.
· Handles other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Represents Lutheran Social Service of New York’s mission, values, and ethics, and upholds agency Code of Conduct at all times.
· Master’s Degree (MA/MSW) in social work, psychology, sociology or human
· 2 years’ experience in Geriatric Case Management and with mentally ill/special needs population
· Working knowledge of issues related to homelessness, HIV, substance abuse, mental illness, entitlements and elder care programs.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Bilingual in Spanish and English.
· Strong spoken and written expression in both Spanish and English.
· Strong time management skills; able to handle multiple tasks and assignments at once.
· Able to establish therapeutic relationships with residents.
· High tolerance and sensitivity for difficult behaviors associated with high risk & geriatric residents.
· Able to maintain appropriate boundaries with residents and other staff.
· Able to cultivate positive working relationships within the Agency and with external agencies.
· Crisis Intervention skills.
· Willing to participate in continuing education.
· Flexible; available to work some holidays and weekends.
· Proficient with Internet Navigation, E-mail, and Microsoft Word.
This position description contains the major responsibilities required to perform this job. These responsibilities may change at any time to meet the needs of our clients, residents or agency.
Level of Language Proficiency
English & Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All cover letters and resumes can be submitted to the hiring supervisor, Fitzroy Sobers, with “Clinical Case Manager (Bilingual)” in the subject line:
----LSSNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer----