Guide Dogs for the Blind, located in beautiful Marin County, California, has a rare opportunity for a full time Development Associate. If you are someone who thrives in a mission-driven, results-driven and community-oriented environment, this could be the position for you! Please see our website at www.guidedogs.com to learn more about us and to see the full job description.
The Development Associate performs data entry/analysis, development of forms, report management, and compilation of data files and systems to maximize their usefulness for a fundraising program currently consisting of 65,000 active donors (24 month).
· Receives, post, acknowledge donations/event registrations and reconcile data entry activity against accounting records.
· Manages all Electronic Funds Transfers for scheduled gift postings.
· Perform Database Management functions including import/export, global data changes, NCOA (National Change of Address) and duplicate merging.
· Perform monthly system audits ensuring accuracy and integrity of gift data and donor information.
· Report development
· Maintain the Fundraising Database Procedures Manual
· Answers phones serving constituent needs/requests.
· Overtime and/or weekend work during periods of peak volume.
This ideal individual will have the ability to work independently to handle a wide variety of activities with absolute discretion and a high degree of accuracy and will have a combination of education and experience equivalent to the following:
· Proficiency in Raisers Edge or similar fundraising software a must along with proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
· Comprehensive understanding of gift processing principles and practices and IRS standards.
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to produce clear documentation.
· Strong customer service skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
· Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and constant deadlines.
· Familiarity with 501c(3) organizations.
An attractive and competitive benefits package and salary commensurate with experience will be offered to the right candidate. Apply on online at www.guidedogs.com/careers . Can't access our online application for employment? Send us your cover letter and resume by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minimum Education Required