PO Box 14317
Extraordinary Lutheran Ministries (ELM) is a self-funded social ministry organization that believes the public witness of gender and sexual minority ministers transforms the church and enriches the world. ELM does this work through three main programs: Proclaim, Accompaniment, and Ministry Engagement. Learn more at www.elm.org
The Program & Administrative Assistant provides general administrative support to the ELM staff and programs.
ELM expects that all its staff members will...
● Cultivate an organizational culture rooted in faith, grounded in radical love and hospitality, clear with purpose, dependent on collaboration, and transparent in motives.
● Speak to the intersectionality of injustice and oppression, calling ourselves, our community and the larger church to greater awareness of injustice and commitment to ending oppression.
● Format and send monthly Proclaim e-newsletter “Proclaiming!” in coordination with Program Director
● Coordinate annual Proclaim Gathering registration and site logistics in partnership with Program Director and Gathering Planning Team
● Facilitate program-related mailings (i.e. synod assembly materials, Proclaim & ELM banners, promotional materials, etc.)
● Maintain internal and external Proclaim member records
Communications & Development
● Format and publish ELM weekly blog “the inter-MISSION” (email & website)
● Maintain and update donor database (eTapestry)
● Maintain ELM’s general email addresses and phone number
● Coordinate Board of Directors meeting materials and logistics with ELM Board Secretary - including logistics for in-person Board Meetings (twice annually)
● Collect and process mail
● Deposit checks and prepare donation reports for Executive Director, Associate Director of Development and Communications, and Treasurer
● Enter financial and in-kind donations into database (eTapestry) and send gift acknowledgements
● Participate in Board of Directors and team meetings as needed
● Special projects as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
ELM is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Administrative & Program Assistant shall be paid at a competitive hourly rate.
Level of Language Proficiency
● Experience working in Admin and Communications helpful
● Anti-oppression training and/or deep cross-cultural experience preferred
Personal Skills and Attributes
● Highly motivated self-starter
● Effective written and verbal communicator
● Comfortable with communication and productivity technology, such as video-conferencing programs and Asana. E-Tapestry experience a plus
● Understanding of issues facing LGBTQIA+ persons, especially those issues faced by trans and gender non-conforming/non-binary people
● Finds joy in daily life and work
● Passionate about justice and full inclusion for gender and sexual minorities
● Must be legally able to work in the U.S.
● Part-time, 18-hours per week within regular business hours during work week
● Must be Chicago-based
● Must work regular hours last week of December to process year end donations
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is April 13, 2018.