16 King St.
Ballet des Amériques School & Company is seeking a part-time Assistant to the Director to serve as administrative assistant and as parent-student-teacher liaison and coordinator in its Port Chester, New York, location. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and highly organized self-starter with a love for the arts and for dealing with people in a top-tier conservatory learning environment.
- Assist the Director in day-to-day tasks such as writing letters, e-mails, making telephone calls, formatting documents
- Assist in the registration process, setting up and maintaining student files, tracking attendance
- Maintain contact with parents - preferably by telephone or in person - to inform them about events, schedule or program changes, absenteeism, scheduling meetings with faculty or the Director
- Assist in the preparations for performances of the conservatory and the professional dance company
- Assist with various tasks throughout the studios as needed
A major task of the Assistant to the Director is to communicate the principles, values and policies of our organization effectively and faithfully. The successful candidate must therefore share a deep interest in and appreciation of the aims of our organization and have two outstanding qualifications: excellent writing skills and people skills. These skills are complemented by a professional demeanor and appearance and by a hands-on approach to resolve issues, if possible on the spot, and see and do what a given situation demands.
Initially, assistance is needed for about 15 hours a week: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 3:30 pm until 7:30 pm and every second Saturday from 9 am until 3 pm. Since we are a young organization, established in July 2011, and are on a growing trajectory, the weekly working hours will grow along with the organization, aided substantially by the contributions of the successful candidate.
Level of Language Proficiency
Excellent command of spoken and written English is required, a working knowledge of Spanish is desirable.
Minimum Education Required