2309 Meridian Street
The Executive Director serves as the chief executive officer and is responsible for ensuring that the organization is well managed and focused on its mission. The Executive Director represents RE Sources in the community and directly supervises all program activities as well as the development, communications, finance, and administrative departments. The ideal candidate is a visionary leader with excellent management skills, public relations credentials and fundraising experience.
Specifically, the ED:
- Develops and maintains relationships with elected officials, community leaders, nonprofit partners, native tribes, and other impacted communities;
- Works with the director team to develop, manage, and track budgets; ensure compliance and clear communication of and with laws, policies, and procedures; ensure that programming is in alignment with the strategic plan; and creates and implements an annual fundraising plan that prioritizes quality relationships with major donors and private foundations;
- Participates in local and state level activities related to the organization’s program work.
The ED is a full time, exempt position and is eligible to participate in RE Sources’ full compensation and benefit package.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental science, public administration, policy, or related field
- Five or more years of senior management with supervisory experience
- Five or more years financial management experience, developing and implementing complex budgets of $1 million or more
- Familiarity with local, state and federal environmental issues and laws
- Knowledge of marketing and business environment.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills, and ability to speak well publicly
- Excellent fundraising skills, including major donor cultivation, foundation relationship building, and corporate giving
- Strong understanding of nonprofit operations and management
- Commitment to the organizational mission
- Evidence of collaborative decision making
- Experience managing earned income ventures
- Public/private partnership experience
- Sense of humor
- Environmental advocacy experience
- Experience working with minority and impacted communities
Minimum Education Required