The Senior Technical Support Analyst is responsible for ensuring that all hardware platforms, operating systems, utilities, and devices are available to successfully maintain service levels. This individual analyzes and evaluates all system malfunctions and takes appropriate action. This includes actively resolving escalated end user help requests within established SLAs. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. This individual also specializes in one or more areas, including support center/technology support, networking, telecommunications and help desk. The senior technical support analyst may have training and supervisory responsibilities over projects and personal. They can also act as backup for Help Desk Support, as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future desktop hardware needs.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Alert management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Make recommendations regarding Trinity policy changes to better support staff.
- Conduct research on technology hardware in support of hardware procurement and development efforts. Evaluate and recommend products for purchase.
- Write technical specifications for purchase of technical hardware and related products.
- Assist in preparation of budget proposals and operational expenses.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure products and services
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex hardware and software problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Performs periodic maintenance on all hardware.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices and other products.
- Maintain, monitor and troubleshoot teleconferencing, presentation, and other AV hardware
- Creates/updates/maintains technical documentation.
- Backs up and restores data.
- Serves as a “backup” for other team members, seeks cross-training in their areas of expertise, and performs their duties in their absence.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to all hardware.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring technical operations.
- Maintain an inventory of all end user equipment per the asset inventory policy/process.
- Accurately document instances of desktop equipment or component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- Manage the deployment of Windows PCs/Macs and peripherals to employees.
- Assist in enhancing Intranet Help Desk software by submitting feedback.
- Identify and deliver required hardware service levels according to company policies.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on equipment operation and other issues.
- Maintain security and integrity of all hardware by following Trinity’s security policies and recommendations from organizations like SANs.
- Enforce trinity policies and procedures.
- Effectively and efficiently access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution
- Adhere to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity Wall Street policies, procedures and rules.
- Perform all duties in a manner that promotes Trinity’s mission and core values.
- Assume other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, with a keen attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service, written and oral presentation skills
- Broad knowledge of/experience in end user computing and PC/Mac Workstation-based applications and hardware as needed.
- Technical knowledge of teleconferencing, presentation, and other AV hardware
- Comprehensive hands-on AV equipment troubleshooting experience
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Required and Preferred Education, Experience, and Credentials:
- Associates degree in Information Services or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 8-10 years of computer technical support work experience, including PC/MAC troubleshooting and a working knowledge of network management.
- A+ certification required.
- MCP certification.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please complete an online application at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=833cb8b1-7bbb-4edf-be02-897f9075e619&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=225508&lang=en_US&source=CC4