Details: $20.50 per hour depending on experience
Auburn & Enumclaw
About Treehouse: Join a team that is passionately committed to helping every child in foster care succeed in school and in life! Treehouse staff and volunteers improve educational outcomes for youth in foster care by providing direct service education support and access to essential needs that all kids equally deserve. We also work at the legislative level to help develop, lead, and pass landmark reforms to reduce the inequities in the system that limit our youth from achieving their full potential.
Treehouse is a well-loved, community-based agency uniquely committed to partnering with schools, government agencies, caregivers, social workers, and funders to change the trajectory of kids in foster care by helping them graduate high school at the same rate as their peers with a plan for the future.
We welcome alumni of care and encourage qualified individuals of every race, national origin, religion, age, disability or ability status, veteran status, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity and expression to apply.
Treehouse currently has openings for Education Specialists on our Graduation Success Team. These are regular, full-time, non-exempt positions based in Auburn and Enumclaw
About the job:
- Bi-lingual in Spanish, preferred but not required
- Build relationships with youth, caregiver, social worker, school staff and other service providers.
- Coach/mentor an assigned youth caseload using established case procedures to support educational goals, school and community involvement and social/emotional development.
- Coach/mentor youth on problem solving, self-advocacy, academic mindset, self-regulation, persistence, and positive behavior.
- Evaluate educational needs of each youth through regular interaction with youth, caregiver, social worker, school staff and other service providers.
- With each youth, establish and monitor progress on Student Centered Plan for High School completion and the future.
- Maintain complete, accurate and updated case records for each youth in programs database.
- Report on youth progress to supervisor, support team and social worker on established schedule.
- Using a systematic approach, and considering individual needs of the youth, advocate for educational rights by facilitating meetings, services, support as well as monitoring attendance, behavior and course performance for risk factors.
- Respond to indications of youth in crisis in a supportive manner utilizing resources and agencies necessary or required by law.
- Model and teach effective problem solving, self-advocacy, academic mindset, self-regulation, persistence, and positive behavior to all youth on caseload.
Please refer to full job description by following this link, Education Specialist, to review a complete list of essential and secondary functions. Once on the careers page click "Other Job Openings" to see open positions.
Salary and Benefits: The starting salary/rate for this position is $20.50 per hour depending on experience. Treehouse provides a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance paid by the employer. Paid holidays, staff appreciation days and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan are included. We offer a 403(b) plan with an employer match and dependent benefits are available.
Applying for this position:
Submit cover letter and resume on our website at: http://www.treehouseforkids.org/about/careers/job-openings/. Once on this page click on “Job Openings” to see a list of open positions.
Treehouse is an equal opportunity employer. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our online application system as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Treehouse provides a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, long-term disability and life insurance paid by the employer. Paid holidays, staff appreciation days and a generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan are included. We offer a 403(b) plan with an employer match and dependent benefits are available.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual in Spanish, preferred but not required
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Once on this page click on “Job Openings” to see a list of open positions.