Chashama is a non-profit organization that supports artists by partnering with property owners to transform unused real estate into space for artists to create, present, and connect with the mission to increase equity and bolster diversity in the arts.
Chashama is seeking a full time Facilities Technician to work with a small team to oversee our 40+ locations.
We strongly encourage BIPOC, AAPI, Hispanic/Latinx, LGBTQIA+ and all applicants of diverse racial and cultural backgrounds to apply. Chashama is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Work on site at our facilities:
- Maintain the state of Chashama’s current facilities: repairs, installations, safety concerns, potential improvements and re-stocking supplies
- Gallery turnovers: neat and efficient painting, patching, sanding, window cleaning and sweep/mop
- Deliveries: loading in/out equipment and artwork to multiple locations
- Contractor knowledge: new location build-out, track and rail framing, drywall, carpentry, minor plumbing repairs, general electrical/HVAC/mechanical systems
- knowledge and equipment repair
- Organization of tech closets, supplies on-site and HQ storage
- Other misc. jobs as needed (receiving deliveries, mopping, window cleaning etc)
- Pack tools and leave work sites neat, finish jobs completely with thorough load out.
- Work proactively to prevent and/or remediate city and fire department violations and resolve mechanical, ADA, and life safety compliance issues.
Manage logistics for supplies, maintenance and projects:
- Group multiple work orders for multiple locations into an efficient day/week schedule, packing all materials and tools needed for each job
- Make materials lists and order/receive deliveries to meet schedules
- Manage and schedule repeat vendors: cleaning company, trash haulers etc.
- Diagnose problems where a specific trade person is required and schedule, supervise and inspect contracted work
- Meet weekly in Chashama’s office to discuss the current state of facilities and current projects with the entire staff
- Recommend efficiencies, tools, equipment, and supplies
- Outlook and phone: clear and concise communication
- Outlook Calendars: schedules, locations and information needed to perform work
- Excel: save all receipts and fill out a monthly credit report of purchases
- OneNote: update supply needs and facility notes and photos from the field
- Office365 Database: incoming contacts, facility notes, key inventory, work orders and job status
- OneDrive: Store documents, download or scan hard copy files to appropriate folders
- A strong interest in NYC’s cultural landscape and a passion for the arts.
- Familiarity with non-profits, galleries, performance venues and arts administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong sense of initiative, and be highly organized.
- Familiarity with Adobe Design Suite preferred.
- Experience with Office365 or other databases a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proven organizational, multitasking, and problem-solving skills
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- 2-3 years' experience with construction
- Comfortable lifting 50 lb. items for loading, installations, construction and event purposes
- Frequent local travel by subway and bus – MetroCard provided.
- Valid Driver's License: Experience driving Ford Transit 250 cargo van (22’ L x 6.75’ W x 9’ H)
Time Commitment: Full-time, 40 hours a week
Annual salary commensurate with experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.