2285 International Boulevard
CURYJ is seeking an Executive Assistant to provide full-time support to the Executive Director, with some office management responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks and will be able to work independently. This person must be a self-starter, exceedingly well organized and flexible. Ideal candidates can show proven capacity to move from a task-based approach to strategic execution with tenacity!
• Maintains Executive Director’s extremely active calendar of appointments, activities and events and synchronizes with master calendars as needed.
• Coordinates and arranges complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas
· Confirm objectives for the Executive Director’s meetings and phone calls
· Monitor progress/achievement of next steps after meetings
• Prepares Executive Director for meetings with materials and background information
• Manages Organization’s master calendar
• Develop and administers CURYJ's conference and front room scheduling
• Maintains Executive Director’s records to ensure all deadlines are met and external inquiries are responded to in timely and professional manner.
• Answers phone messages and emails promptly, responds to inquiries and requests for information, provides assistance or directs calls to the appropriate staff member in a timely manner.
• Reads and responds to all Executive Director’s incoming correspondence; reviews all correspondence, expense reports and other documentation prepared for Executive Director’s signature to ensure accuracy and appropriateness; and effectively composes routine communications.
• Creates and maintains functional and confidential filing systems (electronic and hard copy) for the Executive Director and administrative team.
• In the absence of leadership, exercises initiative and judgment in responding to customer concerns (both internal and external) or, if unable to assist, promptly refers to the appropriate party or department and follows up to ensure problem resolution.
• Daily data entry/Salesforce
• Assists and supports special projects and programmatic events as assigned
• Serves as administrative liaison with Board of Directors, including working with Communications Manager in scheduling of all Board meetings and associated logistics; ensures advance distribution of materials
• Manages and chronicles Akonadi's Board Book
• Provide administrative support for Board meeting logistics, including refreshments, AV set up, and conference room prep and takedown.
• In the absence of the office manager, ensures a welcoming and hospital environment for CURYJ staff and visitors.
Additional Desired Skills:
· Experience reporting to multiple supervisors
· Knowledge of the youth justice system, criminal justice system, and/or youth serving systems
· Good sense of humor
· Strong self-awareness, ability to read the room, emotional intelligence
Please send cover letter and resume to, Joan Benoit, HR and Operations Manager, email@example.com
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is exempt full-time with excellent benefits. Compensation is dependent upon experience (DOE). CURYJ provides an excellent working environment that is flexible and encourages teamwork and recognizes high-quality work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, educational background, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic. We encourage formerly incarcerated people to apply. Please visit our website to learn more about our work www.curyj.org.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is full-time exempt. Compensation is depending upon experience (DOE). CURYJ provides a generous benefits package, an excellent working environment that encourages teamwork and recognizes high-quality work.
Minimum Education Required