Overview: Association for Energy Affordability (AEA) is a rapidly growing nonprofit energy services and training organization which is dedicated to deploying energy efficiency and renewable energy in buildings in order to foster and maintain affordable and healthy housing and communities. Energy consulting services are completed through AEA’s participation in a variety of federal, state, and local energy efficiency initiatives. AEA is a national organization, with over 25 years of industry experience and has been operating a West Coast office for nine years. For more information about AEA, see http://www.aea.us.org.
Position Summary: AEA West is seeking a highly organized and self-driven individual to join our tight-knit, talented team of energy professionals. The Administrative Assistant provides office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects. The position will foster an in-depth understanding of the energy efficiency and green building industries by exposing the Administrative Assistant to the many facets of those industries in which AEA is currently engaged. This position is an excellent starting point for someone interested in getting involved in the energy efficiency, renewable energy and green building industries, and may serve as a stepping stone towards a more policy related or technical position down the road.
Responsibilities: The Administrative Assistant will:
- Assist in all office administrative tasks including, project tracking, billing/invoicing, ordering office supplies and auditor equipment, expense tracking and report preparation, and managing timesheet submissions.
- Perform data entry and data management within Salesforce platform.
- Coordinate with the AEA Salesforce Administrator in our NY office.
- Act as the primary point of contact with clients on all billing matters.
- Assist with energy efficiency program outreach and intake process.
- Develop program documentation, forms, or other related written program materials.
- Assist Energy Analysts with contract management.
- Assist Energy Analysts with travel arrangements and bookings
- Reserve training space and schedule trainings with outside organizations. Coordinates all necessary arrangements for the effective delivery of trainings held at our office.
- Manage AEA training and testing registration processes.
- Assist in developing marketing material and marketing campaigns.
- Manage email contact lists.
- These job responsibilities may be revised over time to ensure the functional responsiveness of the Administrative Assistant to AEA and Federal and California State program requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year accredited college
- Salesforce experience strongly preferred
- Organization, Database Experience, Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Microsoft Office Skills (strong Excel experience), Managing Processes,
- Strong math skills
- Strong work ethic
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Communication skills
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
EEO Non-Discrimination and ADA Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or partnership status, disability, military status, veteran status, or predisposing genetic characteristics. AEA does not discriminate on the basis of physical or mental disability where the essential functions of the job can be reasonably accommodated. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. For more information on the physical requirements of this position and/or if you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the agency at 510-431-1793 or email@example.com.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume with cover letter, Attn: Hiring Personnel, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
~ Minorities and women are encouraged to apply ~
Minimum Education Required