141 W. Jackson Blvd
JOIN OUR TEAM
Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC) is looking for a superb writer and editor, seasoned project manager, and collaborator to join our team of interfaith leaders!
WHAT WE DO
IFYC is working to make interfaith cooperation the norm in America. This starts in colleges and universities, where the minds and values of emerging leaders are shaped and conversations take place that steer broad cultural change. We engage with leaders across the campus environment – faculty, staff, administration, and students. We offer the tools, guidance, opportunities and networks needed to bring interfaith learning into their campuses, classrooms, research, and lives.
To support the ambitious programmatic objectives of IFYC’s strategic plan, the Institutional Advancement team drives and stewards the organization’s relationships with its diverse funders and Board of Directors. Our team works to secure foundation grants, corporate sponsorships, and individual giving to support IFYC’s current $8.5 M and growing annual budget.
IFYC is seeking a Foundation Relations Manager to further develop and execute on organizational strategy to grow year-over-year funding relationships with private and corporate foundations. The successful candidate will be: adept at project management, crafting compelling, high-quality grant proposals and reports, building and maintaining relationships with key collaborators, and developing grant budgets.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Craft, review and edit compelling, high-quality grant proposal narratives, applications, reports and supporting documents that successfully leverage IFYC’s assets, in consultation with program, accounting and executive staff
• Project manage the full foundation grants process from proposals through reports to ensure on-time submission of all required materials
• Collaborate with program staff to gather and organize appropriate program and outcomes information, facts, stories, and photos to write and develop grant proposals, communication and collateral materials
• Adapt writing style, content, and tone in consideration of donor interests, values and relationships
• Maintain and implement grant cultivation activities including calendars, records, files, progress reports and financial reporting, expertly utilizing donor relations database
• Prepare grant budgets in collaboration with Accounting Manager
• Coordinate site visits and one-on-one communications with foundation staff
• Identify, research, and cultivate new and lapsed private and corporate foundation donors, and work with other Advancement team members to explore corporate sponsorship opportunities
• Other duties as assigned
Supervision: Reports to Director of Foundation Relations
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (communications, business, nonprofit management, religious studies, etc.)
• 3-5 years relevant experience in foundations, nonprofit sector, business or higher education
• Exceptional writing and editing skills and attention to detail to produce quality products
• Exceptional project management and organizational skills
• Exceptional ability to operate with purpose, urgency, and accuracy in a multiple deadline-driven environment, balancing various short-term and ongoing projects
• Strong competence in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Authorization to work in the United States
• Exposure to interfaith cooperation or religious studies
• Advanced experience building and managing budgets
• Advanced user and knowledge of Salesforce
• Passionate commitment to IFYC’s mission of making interfaith cooperation the norm in America
• Strong ability to translate highly technical information and concepts into easily readable language
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and adapt writing for different contexts
• Strong ability to communicate persuasively in writing and verbally
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds
• Takes initiative, anticipates next steps, and remains flexible in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively both on team projects and self-motivated on individual projects with relative autonomy
• Ability to communicate with appropriate business vocabulary, tact, discretion, and judgment to gain confidence of Advancement prospects and donors
Travel: Occasional travel, and occasional work on evenings and weekends will be expected.
IFYC’s benefits are generous. We offer:
• 15 days vacation to new hires
• Floating holidays for you to observe days that are important to you
• Free medical, dental and vision coverage for all full-time employees
• Coverage to dependents with only a small contribution from staff
• 403(b) contributions even if the employee doesn’t contribute
• Additional 403(b) matches for those who do contribute
Apply to learn more about our benefits and compensation!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com. Applications are accepted until the position is filled