Planning and Development Associate - Flexible Location
- Job posted by Center for Employment Opportunities
CEO is hiring a highly organized and motivated Planning and Development Associate who will support CEO’s Development Team in executing our national fund development strategy through research, grant writing, and collaboration with program staff on funder identification, outreach, and engagement strategies. The Associate also plays a major role in promoting CEO’s achievements externally to help us attract diverse funding opportunities.
The selected candidate can work in any of our national offices (please see our website ceoworks.org for a listing of our offices).
Who We Are
The Center for Employment Opportunities (CEO) provides employment services to people with recent criminal convictions. Across the United States, over 5,000 people participate in CEO each year, transitioning to employment that supports themselves, their families, and their communities.
What began as a demonstration project of the Vera Institute of Justice in the 1970s to address employment barriers facing the formerly incarcerated following release in New York City has grown into the leading reentry employment organization in the country, where over 25,000 formerly incarcerated individuals have secured full-time employment since 1996. Since 2009, CEO has gained support to expand its programs through government, nonprofit, and private organizations including the Federal Social Innovation Fund, the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, Robin Hood Foundation, and Rockefeller Foundation. In 2016, CEO embarked on a 5-year strategic plan to grow to serve 9,000 participants annually.
The Nitty Gritty
Major responsibilities of the Planning and Development Associate include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the development and execution of strategies for growing CEO’s governmental and foundation support
- Drafting, assembling, and submitting responses to government and foundation requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Developing and ensuring on-time delivery of high-quality proposals and reports
- Contributing to the team’s efforts to grow CEO’s individual and corporate support base, including coordinating campaigns for individual giving and helping plan donor engagement activities
- Coordinating meetings with program staff to advance fund development campaigns
- Tracking all fund development campaign-related activities using Salesforce
- Researching funding prospects in select jurisdictions
- Providing research and analytic support for funding or program ideas
What You’ll Bring
- Demonstrated commitment to and enthusiasm for CEO’s mission and interest in working in a fast-growing and results-oriented nonprofit environment
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in nonprofit fund development and/or strategic communications
- Highly detailed and organized and can manage multiple priorities at once and while under pressure
- Ability to be self-motivated in helping to attract, develop, and retain resources to sustain and grow the organization
- Ability to thoroughly plan, delegate and adhere to timelines and requirements for proposal development and submission
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Strong writing and research skills
- Experience with drafting grant proposals (experience with government grants highly valued)
- Experience using Salesforce and Google Suite preferred
More About Us
CEO is a diverse team working to advance economic opportunity for people returning home from incarceration. We welcome diversity and highly encourage applications from people of color and people with convictions. Learn more at ceoworks.org.
CEO is an equal employment opportunity for all regardless of race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran or reservist status or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, paid parental leave, participation in a retirement plan, sick and vacation leave, paid holidays and more. We're a workplace that promotes continual learning and teamwork, offering lunch and learns, team outings, holiday gatherings and more for our staff.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply at the provided link above with a resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed.