Details: $16.00 an hour
510 16th Street
TITLE: Program Leader
DEPARTMENT: Elementary Program
CLASSIFICATION: Part Time 26 Hours/week
Mandatory Availability: Daily Afterschool Monday-Friday 1:00-6:30pm, Fridays 10am-12pm
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SALARY: $16.00 + Fringe Benefits
· Plan, modify and deliver daily literacy and enrichment lessons to meet program goals for up to 20 students.
· Create a safe, respectful youth development based learning environment.
· Review weekly lesson plans with the Program Site Coordinator prior to delivery.
· Deliver creative and engaging projects to enhance students’ learning.
· Deliver lesson plans that are culturally relevant for a diverse population of students.
· Implement lessons aligned with the Common Core State Standards, Youth Development and Trauma Informed practices.
· Organize classroom to facilitate independence, leadership and self-control in students.
· Participate in mandatory weekly staff development, consultation, training, and team meetings.
· Participate in quarterly evening or weekend events with participants and their families.
· Work closely with Program Site Coordinator and school staff to track participants’ progress.
· With support, use data to inform academic instruction, literacy activities and small group instruction
· Support adult and teen volunteers.
· Work as a team member with Program Site Coordinator, Program Manager, and other Program Instructors.
· Communicate regularly with families, teachers, and volunteers.
· Maintain organization of classroom and communal supplies and paperwork.
· Effectively utilize prep time to prepare for activities and classroom observations.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILL/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
* A desire to support students in improving their skills and interest in literacy and academic enrichment subjects.
* Experience working and/or volunteering with elementary-age students.
* Experience with diverse families and communities.
* A desire to work in gender responsive programs
* Commitment of at least through the 2018-19 school year (August 1, 2018 – May 31, 2019).
* Effective verbal and written communication skills necessary to work with children, teachers,
* Ability to spark curiosity, creativity, and confidence in students.
* Ability to manage up to 20 students in a safe, respectful environment.
* Open to gaining new knowledge and skills.
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to bend, lift, and move up to 20 lbs.
* Employment is contingent upon showing proof of 48 college units or passing the Instructors Aide test.
* Department of Justice clearance based on fingerprinting submission
* Proof of TB test within the last four years
Employer pays part of standard medical plan and provides vacation, sick, and holiday pay prorated to employees FTE.
OTHER BENEFITS AVAILABLE: Dental, Voluntary Life, Vision, and Long-term disability available at the employee’s expense and the ability to participate in the 403(B) and Flexible Savings Account.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com