We are seeking an experienced, strategic and creative communications professional with a track record of success in social media and engagement.
The Manager, Communications (Social Media) will lead and implement social media strategies to build our brand and get our messages out via digital and social media channels. Under the guidance of the Chief of Communications & Strategic Events, the Manager, Communications will also support the UN Global Compact’s CEO and other senior leaders by creating social media opportunities for engagement and producing compelling social media content. She/he will also be adept at monitoring impact and measuring engagement to optimize effort.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Devise and implement social communication strategies to enhance the UN Global Compact’s reputation as the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative.
- Advise leadership on social media engagement and best practice
- Supervise Social Media coordinator and other junior staff as required.
- Guide content development, design of social media assets, proactive social media relations, event participation, speaking opportunities, and earned media, social media, and media events
- Advise and lead communications programs and initiatives that position the CEO as a thought leader on corporate sustainability
- Set comprehensive strategy for social media opportunities to help amplify events and advance the organization’s mission.
- Create a consistent editorial style and voice for UN Global Compact across different social media platforms.
- Write content, quotes, talking points and other briefing notes for the CEO and senior leaders.
- Develop and advise the CEO and Global Compact Local Networks on messaging opportunities and priorities.
- Leverage analytics and metrics in planning and evaluating social media and external communications activities, taking a data-driven approach to communications efforts
- Address needs for rapid response activities (including crisis and reputation management) as well as larger, longer-term communications initiatives
- Additional projects, as assigned
Increased growth and positive impact of UN Global Compact audiences and our priorities in social media. Take our social media strategy to the next level with compelling, shareable content for our website and social media platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
- Integrity: Demonstrates the values of the United Nations in daily activities and behaviors; acts without consideration of personal gain; resists undue political pressure in decision-making; does not abuse power or authority; stands by decisions that are in the Organization's interest, even if they are unpopular; and takes prompt action in cases of unprofessional or unethical behavior.
- Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; and remains calm in stressful situations.
- Respect for Diversity: Works effectively with people from all backgrounds; treats all people with dignity and respect; treats men and women equally; shows respect for and understanding of diverse points of view and demonstrates this understanding in daily work and decision-making, examines own biases and behaviors to avoid stereotypical responses, and does not discriminate against any individual or group.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5 + years of experience managing communications and social media relations. Knowledge of media relations and events promotion a plus.
- Fluent English and Excellent and creative writing skills
- Deep understanding of social media strategy globally with journalism experience a plus
- A proven track record of managing executive level social media
- An international outlook and mindset
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently but equally comfortable working in a diverse team environment and often under deadline pressure
- Experience working with partners and PR agencies to generate the best results on deadline and within budget
Proven delivery of results:
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities (including content management demands), communicate status appropriately, and maintain a high level of operational transparency and accountability.
- Delivers to clear goals within strategies. Identifies priority activities and assignments, allocates appropriate time and resources, tracks progress and adjusts priorities as required.
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning. Monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize a varied workload
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Please include the following materials in your e-mail submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: “Manager, Communications (Social Media)
- Cover Letter
- Applications will be accepted until 11, June 2021.
- Given the anticipated volume of submissions, only highly qualified candidates will be contacted. No phone calls or unsolicited emails outside of the submission process.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in United States. The Foundation for the Global Compact does not sponsor work visas
The Foundation for the Global Compact is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment of mutual respect. The Foundation for the Global Compact recruits and employs staff regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds or disabilities. Reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities may be provided to support participation in the recruitment process when requested.