The CF Foundation has developed a portfolio of initiatives that support the CF community with continuous improvement and innovation of CF care delivery. These initiatives focus on the rapid adoption of quality improvement methodology, evidence-based medicine, best practices, and innovations in care delivery to improve the health outcomes, health-related quality of life for people living with CF, and their experience of care. A primary focus of this position will also be the organization and implementation of one of our key initiatives, the CF Foundation’s Patient and Family Experience of Care survey.
LOCATION: Bethesda, MD (National HQ office) preferred; willing to consider remote work with periodic travel to National HQ office.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Explore and analyze large data sets for trends and key insights. Correlate similar data to find actionable results. Make recommendations for new metrics to keep data set relevant and actionable.
- Transfer data into new formats to make it more appropriate for analyses and reporting.
- Own the design, development and maintenance of on-going metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards, to drive improvement of care processes and experiences.
- Use graphs, infographics and other methods to visualize data and communicate key findings and insights. Create reports and presentations for internal teams and/or external partners.
- Use tools to automate data collection and assist with setting up and managing new studies.
- Serve as a point of contact for academic and vendor partners and CF programs, patients and families engaged in the improvement and innovation initiatives to ensure team actions remain in synergy.
- Manage team goals, project schedules and new information to keep workflow on track, adjusting schedules and targets as needed.
- Direct initiative correspondences by preparing and reviewing project proposals, memos, meeting minutes and emails.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Graduate degree in public health, public policy or related field along with a minimum of 2 years of related experience. Relevant experience could include work with patient satisfaction data, disease or patient registry data, or large national survey data sets.
- Knowledge of survey methods and data gathering, cleaning and transforming techniques.
- Data visualization and reporting skills using currently available marketplace software.
- Ability to analyze and communicate complex data in simple, actionable ways.
- Ability to manage vendor relationships and coordinate project deliverables to include administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Technical writing and editorial skills, to include correspondence with care programs, peer-reviewed manuscripts, white papers, and project summary reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Reports to Director of Quality Improvement and Innovation; oversees vendor and select partner relationships. No direct reports.
- Standard office environment.
- This position will be located at the CF Foundation headquarters in Bethesda, MD.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and temperature.
- No heavy lifting required.
- Minimal travel (e.g., 2x/yr.) to conferences and meetings, as necessary.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
The CF Foundation is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. We strive to recruit and maintain a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, physical or mental disability, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, sex, marital status, genetic information or testing, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran or any characteristic protected by law.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice
The CF Foundation is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or would like to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at HROps@cff.org.