1970 West Farms Road
Location: P.S. 214
1970 West Farms Road
Bronx, New York 10460
Schedule: Monday – Friday 2 pm – 5:30 pm
Pay Rate: $14.50
Morningside Center envisions human societies that are just, peaceful, environmentally sustainable, and truly democratic. We pursue this vision every day in schools, working hand in hand with educators. Together, we create caring, productive, and equitable schools where students learn the skills they need to contribute to their communities—from the classroom to the world.
Morningside Center PAZ after school program is seeking caring, creative, responsible, and reliable candidates to serve as Counselorsin our elementary and middle school programs. Qualified candidates should have experience working with elementary and middle school age students, strong group facilitation and classroom management skills, and are committed to positive youth development. Counselors must be passionate about engaging youth and serving as positive role models.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following;
· Supervise and monitor participants while in the classroom, transitioning, on trips, and any other time they are in the care of PAZ after school program.
· Plan and implement fun and engaging lesson plans for participants.
· Implement effective classroom management strategies and discipline participants with dignity/respect.
· Ensure the safety of participants any time they are in the care of PAZ after school program.
· Provide homework assistance and acts as a resource to participants, families, and staff.
· Maintain responsibility for program supplies and proper use of all facilities.
· Ensure that all participants are engaged and actively participating during program activities.
· Submit required documents and reports as requested by the Program Director.
· Attend and participate in staff meetings, professional development opportunities, and trainings.
· Perform other duties as determined by the Program Director.
· H.S. Diploma Required
· Minimum of 18 years of age
· DOE and/or DOH fingerprints a plus
· Highly motivated, takes initiative, and creative
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Prior experience as a counselor or other youth related work a plus
Level of Language Proficiency
English preferred, Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
send resume and cover letter to: Mr. Frazer, Sr. Program Director (email@example.com)