2601 4th Avenue, Suite 800
The Legal Consultant is an attorney who provides guidance to local government staff and officials throughout Washington State, including but not limited to direct phone calls and emails, written articles, and presentations. The Legal Consultant is part of our 7-member legal team and reports to the Legal Manager. MRSC does not serve as legal counsel for any individual or entity, and our attorneys do not represent local governments or officials in litigation.
Candidates with experience as city attorney, assistant city attorney, civil deputy prosecuting attorney, or other local government legal counsel are strongly encouraged to apply. Candidates must be members in good standing of the Washington State Bar Association.
- Answer legal questions from officials and staff from cities, counties, and special purpose districts throughout --Washington State.
- Regularly review and provide content for MRSC’s website, publications, and other resources.
- Write short blog posts about pertinent legal topics every 6-7 weeks.
- Conduct trainings for and give presentations to attorneys, elected officials, and local government staff.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Experience providing direct legal counsel to cities, counties, and/or special purpose districts in Washington State. Applicants without direct legal counsel experience will be considered if they have outstanding qualifications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to explain complicated legal concepts to elected officials and non-attorneys.
- Excellent customer service skills; enjoys working with a wide variety of local government employees and elected officials.
ABOUT MRSC. MRSC is a private nonprofit organization devoted to helping local governments in Washington State achieve success. We support effective local government through trusted consultation, research, training, and collaboration. We have an outstanding reputation for providing reliable, unbiased, trustworthy advice and information. We answer questions, collaborate with partner organizations, convene stakeholders, and disseminate information on featured practices and emerging issues.
OUR TEAM. Our 24-person team includes attorneys, policy and financial experts, local government professionals in planning and public works, communications specialists, program and accounting administrators, and information technology staff. We work on a collaborative basis.
The salary range is $80,500 to $113,500, and will depend on qualifications and experience. We offer excellent benefits, professional development, and a rewarding work environment. MRSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diverse life experiences and perspectives.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY. Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Aimy Enriquez at email@example.com. The position will be open until filled; first review of applicants will occur on June 4, 2018.