711 Van Ness Avenue
Founded in 1889, Felton-Family Service Agency of San Francisco is the oldest nonsectarian, nonprofit charitable social-services provider in the City and County of San Francisco. Our mission is to strengthen families by providing caring, effective, and innovative social services, with special emphasis on the needs of low-income families, children, and the elderly and people who are disabled, thus improving the quality of life for all San Franciscans.
The Senior Division specializes in a full continuum of older adult mental health outpatient programs and a range of aging services programs, including workforce development, economic security, case management, advocacy and a number of programs addressing social isolation and the digital divide. The Division is also very active with city and community partners for the development of new service areas and policy recommendations.
In San Francisco, the Senior Division offers a full continuum of mental health programs for older adults, including a Senior Full Service Wellness Program (Older Adult FSP), Senior ICM, Geriatric Outpatient Services (GOS), Geriatric Services West (GSW), and an Older Adult Day Support/Community Integration Center (OADSC). This continuum of services provides outpatient mental health treatment to seniors aged 60 and older experiencing serious mental health struggles. Programs implement a clinical case management model of geriatric mental health treatment; some programs also include peer support and group therapy. Integrated in these programs are the number of aging service programs in the Division, including a health and wellness center in Visitacion Valley. The Division also has an Older Adult Service Team in Alameda County, which provides specialized geriatric mental health services.
The Program Director/Clinical Supervisor will oversee one or more of the programs in the continuum of care. This will include 1) working directly with the program supervisor of a designated program to oversee operations, meeting contract requirements, and 2) working collaboratively with the Clinical Director and Senior Division Director to support ongoing clinical and program development. This position, as part of the clinical supervision team, will include direct clinical supervision of a number of Associate Social Workers (ASW’s), Associate Marriage and Family Therapists (AMFT’s), and Associate Professional Clinical Counselor (APCC’s) staff working towards licensure.
· Work as part of the Senior Division management team to support, develop, and implement effective, outpatient clinical models for older adults, including integration with aging services.
· Work collaboratively with Human Resources and other program directors to recruit new staff and retain and develop current staff.
· Work collaboratively with other managers and supervisors to develop cohesive and integrated teams.
· Bring expertise to the Senior Division in specific area of experience and interest in clinical work, which may include using evidence-based practices, group work, individual therapy, developing community resources, and advocacy and education.
· Provide clinical supervision to master’s level staff working towards their licenses.
· Work with the Senior Division Clinical Director to support a robust MSW internship program.
· Work with Senior Division Director on ongoing development of programs and integration between mental health and aging services.
· Work with Felton Division of Training and Research to strengthen implementation of evidence-based practices and develop research tools to measure effectiveness of clinical work.
· Additional duties as needed.
· Extensive experience in program management, program development, and clinical supervision, as well as direct service to clients with serious mental illness and direct service to older adults
· LCSW, LMFT, or Licensed Clinical Psychologist (Psy.D. or Ph.D.)
· Certification to provide clinical supervision of ASW, AMFT and APCC staff
· Extensive experience in managing projects, making independent decisions, and problem solving
· Interest and ability in working with collaborative teams
· Outstanding organizational skills
· Creative thinker and interested in innovation
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking
Position: Full-time or Part-time
Reports to: Division Director
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO or HMO options)
403(b) retirement plan
Employer paid life insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Account (both medical and dependent care)
11 Paid holidays
21 days of Paid Time Off
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
SEND RESUMES TO:
Cathy Spensley, LCSW
Senior Division Director
Phone: (415) 474-7310 ext. 435
Fax: (415) 931-3773