720 Magnolia Road
The Charleston Parks Conservancy is a nonprofit organization dedicated to inspiring the people of Charleston to connect with their parks and together creating stunning public places and a strong community. Founded in 2007, the Charleston Parks Conservancy unites local resources, leverages support and organizes volunteers to be stewards of Charleston’s urban parks. The Charleston Parks Conservancy believes that parks contribute to a higher quality of life, and better parks build stronger communities. To learn more, visit www.charlestonparksconservancy.org.
The Community Engagement Manager develops, organizes, implements and manages the Conservancy’s community programming including community events and educational programs to fulfill the Conservancy’s mission of inspiring the people of Charleston to connect with their parks and together create stunning public spaces and a strong community.
Program Management and Development
- Under the guidance of the Director of Programs, plans and implements all aspects of Conservancy community engagement, building on the success of previous and ongoing events such as Teddy Bear Picnic, the Jazz Brunch Series, Family Fun Days, Movie Nights, Bark Angel events, and holiday events. Events should include opportunities for earned income.
- Develops, plans, and implements programs to engage the community in their parks, beginning with the Conservancy’s Art in the Parks program. Programming may include events, education, entertainment, and other activities for multiple age groups and constituencies.
- Coordinates with the Director of Volunteers to fill volunteer needs related to executing park programming; the Special Events Manager to obtain sponsorships for programming or community events; and the Director of Development and Marketing and the Communications Coordinator to publicize programming and events.
- Evaluates community programming and events to ensure effectiveness and make recommendations for changes as necessary.
- Maintains Salesforce database in reference to program participation and engagement.
Partnership Management and Development
- Represents the Conservancy in a variety of community outreach engagements to maintain relationships with community partners such as MUSC, City of Charleston, neighborhood and non-profit partners, and others.
- Develops and strengthens community partnerships.
- Develops relationships with community partners, sponsors, and third-party vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Entrepreneurial spirit required with the ability to be self-motivated and work both independently and collaboratively with staff and partners.
- Proven ability to develop, plan, and manage projects with little supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience with public speaking and presentations.
- Proven ability to build and maintain successful collaborations and partnerships.
- Outgoing personality with the ability to engage a variety of constituencies.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Google Apps, and database management.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation.
TRAINING and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 3-5 years of experience in event planning or in organizing community centered activities.
While performing the duties of this job the employee:
Will spend a large majority of time walking and standing.
Will be exposed to hot or cold temperatures, outside weather conditions.
May be required to lift and /or move up to 20 lbs. regularly.
Will experience a moderate noise level in the work environment.
Require work in a normal office setting where time is spent working on a computer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter, résumé, and salary requirements to email@example.com by April 20, 2018. No phone calls, please.