1851 Tyburn Street
DESCRIPTION: The Substance Abuse Case Manager is responsible for providing comprehensive case management services to people with a history of addiction, and providing specialized support to Coordinated Entry System Access Center staff regarding people suffering from or suspected of substance abuse. The Substance Abuse Specialist is assigned 50% time to the Ascencia CES - AC and 50% time to Next Step Permanent Supportive Housing Program.
REPORTS TO: Hospital Liaison and Wellness Case Management Supervisor
SALARY: $19.00 per hour
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide on-going support and case management expertise to homeless persons;*
- Work with clients to develop individualized case management plans;*
- Ensure that all client case management plans address identified needs and are up-to-date;*
- Continually monitor and evaluate each client’s progression through their case management plan, and develop corrective action revisions to the plan as needed;*
- Maintain accurate documentation of service objectives and outcomes as well as other services in accordance with Federal, State, County and Ascencia guidelines;*
- Assist clients in obtaining necessary resources to achieve case management goals;*
- Actively participate in client- and program-related meetings and trainings;
- Attend program-related community, coalition and committee meetings as assigned;
- Maintain client related data systems, including case notes and complete HMIS entries;*
- Prepare case management related reports including but not limited to: outcomes, successes, etc;*
- Adheres to strict boundaries and professional ethics in the care of others;*
- Conducts crisis intervention as needed.*
- Responsibilities related to the CES Access Center Program.*
Qualifications and Requirements for this Position:
- Must be a Certified Addiction Counselor with knowledge of related resources and the Continuum of Care for homeless persons;
- 4 year degree in human services or comparable combination of education/work related experience required;
- Experience in social service setting with working knowledge of case management systems and planning techniques;
- Experience working with homeless individuals and families a plus;
- Must be proficient in the following computer applications--Microsoft Word and Excel, and be able to learn how to use the required Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Must have own transportation to conduct job related travel and must be able to drive agency vehicles.
- Must meet insurance carrier’s requirements for approval to drive.
- Drug and TB test will be required before start of work.
Comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
PLEASE EMAIL RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO jobs@ascenciaCA.org.
Please indicate “Substance Abuse Case Manager” in the subject line.