Engagement Associate-Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach
- Job posted by Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life
Make your mark on Jewish student life by joining Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach as the Engagement Associate. As a natural networker and community builder, you will build inspiring relationships with students and partner in creating a vibrant and welcoming Jewish community on campus. Your work will change the Jewish future.
What You'll Do:
- Create a strategy to interact with 180 previously uninvolved Jewish students.
- Put your state of the art training in Hillel's “Engagement Methodology” to work over your favorite cup of coffee, on the Breezeway, at a Shabbat dinner, and through creative programming.
- Facilitate regular training sessions and meetings with your student Engagement Interns.
- Run a signature large-scale engagement event, the Blue and White Party.
- Recruit and staff Birthright Israel and Alternative Break trips.
What you will bring to the role:
- A dynamic, friendly, proactive and outgoing personality.
- A natural ability to communicate with genuine enthusiasm, understanding, and a listening ear.
- Familiarity with Jewish values and a desire to serve as a Jewish role model who demonstrates through your words and actions a commitment to strengthening your Jewish identity, connection to Israel, and relationship with the global Jewish community.
- Excellent organizational, written, social media, and multi-tasking skills.
- Creativity and a desire to collaborate closely with other team members.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required for this position.
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive entry-level salary in the nonprofit marketplace.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, Group Supplemental Retirement Annuity (GSRA), pension plan, life insurance, Long Term Disability (LTD), Flexible Spending Plan, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Travel regionally and possibly abroad.
About Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach:
South Florida is home to one of the largest Jewish communities in the United States. Our main facility, the Levine Weinberger Jewish Life Center, is located minutes from the pristine Atlantic Ocean in Boca Raton on the main campus of Florida Atlantic University. We have a second facility on campus at Nova Southeastern University in Davie. The Jewish community is extremely active, with several Jewish day schools, many synagogues, and a variety of opportunities for organizational and young adult involvement. And we've got some of the best weather in the country – warm and sunny year-round, and never, ever any snow.
For more information about the universities we serve and the local communities in which they are located:
About Hillel International:
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel of Broward and Palm Beach is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world, and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter.
New Applicants: Select “Apply for this Position” to submit your application and create an account.
Previous Applicants: Scroll to the “Previous Applicants” section. Please input your e-mail address and password to login, and select “Add to My Jobs” to login and submit your application.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply Apply at www.HillelJobs.com and include your resume and cover letter. New Applicants: Select Apply for this Position to submit your application and create an account. Previous Applicants: Scroll to the Previous Applicants section. Please in