The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation, Inc is a private, non-profit national organization dedicated to finding the cure for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. We fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, our educational workshops and programs, along with our scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field. Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's core values of compassion, integrity, leadership, collaboration, and inclusion inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
The Senior Manager, Fundraising Campaigns & Volunteer Engagement (Take Steps and spin4 crohn’s & colitis cures) works in partnership with leadership volunteers and committees to drive growth and success in fundraising campaigns. S/he will identify, recruit, train and partner with leadership volunteers to harness their passion and skills and to help maximize what they have to offer to advance the mission of the Foundation. The Senior Manager travels throughout the market area to meet with constituents and serves as a key leader for the Foundation with volunteers and supporters. The Senior Manager will cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness in the community.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- In cooperation with the Senior Executive Director develop, implement, and monitor an annual Take Steps and spin4 crohn’s & colitis cures budget.
- In cooperation with the Senior Executive Director develop, implement, and monitor a work plan, including peer-to-peer fundraising, support services, leadership development, and volunteer development.
- In cooperation with the Senior Executive Director develop, implement, and monitor strategies to meet fundraising goals through Take Steps and spin4 crohn’s & colitis cures and the Young Professionals committee.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events, programs, and activities.
- In cooperation with Senior Executive Director and National staff, deepen relationships, cultivate, and solicitate the engagement with participants, teams, sponsors, and community leaders to ensure execution of an exceptional Take Steps and spin4 crohn’s & colitis cures experience.
- In partnership with Take Steps and spin4 crohn’s & colitis cures committees, coordinate public relations, and promotion for fundraising events, programs, and activities.
- Ensure the successful implementation of Take Steps and spin4 crohn’s & colitis cures events to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Direct the implementation and execution of Take Steps and spin4 crohn’s & colitis cures, focusing on acquisition, retention and stewardship of teams, fundraising support to participants, top fundraisers, sponsors, and volunteers.
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local regions while advancing the Foundation’s mission, goals, and values.
- Keep abreast of National Office activities and properly utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis and the Foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of the facilities, equipment, and documents.
- Build a compelling vision for growth and collaborate with volunteer leaders and staff to achieve it.
- Work with leadership volunteers to identify, recruit and engage volunteers who have the potential to make an impact.
- Build strong and effective partnerships with volunteers and supporters and help foster a culture of accountability.
- Partner with and support volunteer committees to drive success in campaigns and grow support for our mission.
- Serve as a key leader in your market area building relationships, raising awareness, and sharing mission impact with constituents.
- Other duties as required.
Chapter Wide Corporate Sponsorship
- Partner with the Senior Executive Director and staff leadership on Corporate and Chapter wide sponsorship communication, cultivation, and solicitation.
- Work with Take Steps and spin4 crohn’s & colitis cures committees to acquire new sponsorship leads.
- Coordinate marketing and promotion for fundraising events, programs, and activities in partnership with Senior Executive Director and staff.
- Partner with media outlets and cultivate relationships to maximize awareness of the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation brand.
- Participate in enterprise-wide activities such as GI visits, donor events, major education events, special event information meetings, and any other chapter-wide activities.
- Advanced Volunteer Engagement
- Build Trust
- Customer Service
- Drive Results
- Executing Tasks
- Guide and Develop participants
- Manage Workflow
- Relationship Building
- Strategic Focus
- Time Management
- Volunteer Development
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in not-for-profit fundraising.
- Skilled in building and sustaining meaningful relationships.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with board members, volunteers, and donors.
- Proven and applicable skills in committee and volunteer management and development.
- Proven and applicable skills in strategic planning and budgeting and volunteer development.
- Experience managing event planners and a team.
- Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage a budget.
- Exceptional written/oral presentation and communication skills.
- Computer skills including basic data management and Microsoft Office suite.
- Creative thinker/problem solver.
- Skillful in balancing multiple and competing priorities.
- Proven capability of working with a variety of personality and leadership styles in a matrixed organization, and externally with volunteers and partners.
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-up.
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to travel locally up to 25%.
Subject to state and local law and any legally required accommodations, the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation requires that all employees be fully vaccinated prior to the date of hire.
Note: CROHN’S & COLITIS FOUNDATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD, DELETE, CHANGE OR MODIFY THE JOB DUTIES.