The Major Gifts Officer at Wags & Walks is responsible for developing strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors with special focus on five figure multi-year gifts to support Wags and Walks growth. This position has a direct impact on the organization’s reputation among donors, sponsors and all other community members, as well as impacts the financial and operational performance of the department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee portfolio of 150-200 donors and prospects.
- Participate in each step of the donor pipeline including: identification; qualification through research; cultivation; briefing; request for support; and prompt follow up, stewardship, and recognition.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by CEO, CDO, COO will include yearly gala focus
- Develop individual donor strategies, along with materials, to renew and upgrade donor gifts.
- Collaborate with current development team regarding all donors, partnerships, sponsorships etc to enhance relationships and create greater fundraising and outreach possibilities.
- Participate in departmental portfolio review process and be a partner in maintaining an organized system for donor stewardship by updating constituent records, as appropriate.
- Assist with yearly major fundraising events including Gala, Spring Event
- Collaborate with Development Coordinator and volunteers on smaller W&W events
- Staying on top of fundraising trends and the nonprofit community
- Passion for Wags and Walks mission to harness, leverage and strategically invest the collective power of donors, advocates and volunteers, to drive measurable results that improve the lives of dogs and people alike.
- Demonstrated experience, success, and progressive responsibility in fundraising with a minimum of three to five years experience.
- Must have a college degree
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
- Computer proficient (Google docs, ability to learn new software, etc)
- Must have a current and valid California Driver’s License
- Fundraising software & tools expertise
- Must be a dog lover!
- Problem solver and quick thinker
- Excellent communication skills
- A team player who works well with others
- Friendly demeanor and positive attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Is very detail oriented
- Is very proactive and a self-starter
- Creative, self-starter attitude
- Donor & volunteer service mentality
- Organized and inspiring team leader