Details: Salary is commensurate with experience
551 Grand Street
ORGANIZATION AND DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW
Paul Taylor Dance Company, established in 1954, is one of the world’s most highly respected and sought-after modern dance companies in the world. Founded by Paul Taylor, one of the most celebrated artists in history, the company has performed throughout the United States, as well as in 62 countries. In 2015, Paul Taylor created a new initiative to preserve American modern dance as well as showcase the original works of new choreographers. Today, the company is known as Paul Taylor American Modern Dance (PTAMD).
The Development Department is seeking an Individual Giving Associate. Reporting to and working in close collaboration with the Deputy Director of Development, the Individual Giving Associate plays a key role in building individual giving, and helps drive effective cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for prospects and donors. In addition, s/he collaborates with other key fundraisers, staff and volunteers to implement the annual plan to raise departmental goals. The Individual Giving Associate builds good relationships both internally and externally, and applies this ability in the execution of the key principles of donor cultivation and engagement. S/he will also work closely with the Deputy Director of Development and the Special Events Consultant to help plan and execute donor events throughout the year, including those during PTAMD’s Lincoln Center season (most notably, the annual Gala).
The Individual Giving Associate will assume part of the shared responsibility for meeting the budgeted goal of contributed income from individuals, in conjunction with senior fundraising staff, with major growth expected over the next three years.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Identify and cultivate prospects and donors – working with supervisor to develop a targeted plan designed to increase support over the long term
· Implement integrated strategies for acquisition, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects and donors in concert with supervisor and other staff
· Utilize research tools to identify donors and prospects with wealth capacity, linkage, and inclination to give to PTAMD
· Draft appeal and other campaign materials for specific annual outreach
· Collaborate with supervisor and other outside entities to produce campaign, appeal, and invitation materials
· Implement best practices in direct mail, gift solicitation, and stewardship as required
· Collaborate with supervisor and development team to create materials and reports to keep donors engaged and increase the impact of their gifts
· Track donor benefits and manage their distribution
· Empower and involve volunteers in planning of cultivation activities
· Implement strategies and recommend new ideas to identify and cultivate PTAMD ticket buyers (prospects)
· Process campaign and donor reports as requested
· Work with supervisor and other staff to plan and execute special events
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college required
· Minimum 1-2 years of Development experience with focus on Individual Giving
· Interest in the art form of modern dance
· Raiser’s Edge experience a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
· Excellent verbal communication skills
· Excellent writing skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as social media sites
· Good sense of humor, teamwork, and professionalism
· Passion for the mission of the Paul Taylor Dance Foundation
· Ability to work sporadic week nights, as well as some weekend days, depending on the Company schedule
Please send cover letter and resume to Jenna Jacobs, Deputy Director of Development, at email@example.com.
*Salary commensurate with experience
Competitive benefits package available, including dental and vision. 401k match.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required