1991 2nd Avenue
DREAM (formerly Harlem RBI), an award winning sports-based youth development program, is seeking dynamic individuals to serve as After-School Program Campus Assistant in our elementary (REAL Kids) program. The ideal candidate will be able to join DREAM for the full commitment of the program year, which runs from mid-September through mid-August. The Campus Assistant will support the day-to-day operations of the program and coordinates communications with families. A successful Campus Assistant is a skilled administrator who has a desire to make a lasting impact in an underserved community. The Campus Assistant should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the day-to-day operations of the site to ensure youth participate in activities safely, on schedule and with adequate supplies and services;
- Communicate program news and information to program participants, parents and staff;
- Manage enrollment and recruitment strategies;
- Track supply orders and site budget;
- Utilize attendance tracking tools and drive efforts to ensure youth attendance goals are satisfied;
- Additional administrative duties as needed.
- At least 2 years previous operations and administrative experience;
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college enrollment or degree, preferred;
- Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing Microsoft applications and attendance tracking software;
- Outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities;
- Proven record of success in project management;
- Ability to uphold, promote and model youth development principles;
- Strong oral and written communication skills and presentation skills;
- Belief in the outcomes of the DREAM List, including the importance of social emotional competency and advocacy for self and others;
- Ability to read and write in Spanish and fluency in spoken Spanish is preferred.
After-School: 12:30-5:45 pm Monday, Wednesday & Friday AND 1:00-5:45pm on Tuesday & Thursday.
- September 2018-August 2019
$16-18 Commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required