Community Life Associate - Men's Centers (Manhattan & Newark Locations)
- Job posted by The Bowery Mission
The Bowery Mission is a holistic, faith-based organization dedicated to serving people who are experiencing homelessness. The Community Life team oversees all residential programming, including emergency and short-term shelters, long-term residences and transitional housing.
We are currently hiring Associates for our Soho, East Harlem, Tribeca and Newark Men's Centers.
The Community Life Associate helps to create a safe and positive environment that equips men for independent living. A relational approach in supporting clients in day-to-day schedules and goals is essential to success.
Responsibilities include: Welcoming and orienting residents and volunteers, modeling and coaching independent living skills, promoting healthy communication, overseeing schedules, ensuring safety by conducting hourly rounds and scheduled fire drills, submitting timely progress and incident reports, and working collaboratively with Community Life and Shared Services teams.
Reports to: Associate Director, Community Life
- Understands the organization’s Statement of Faith
- Highly relational
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow protocol and provide accountability
- Growing understanding and application of trauma-informed care
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Proven with email communications
- Basic computer proficiency
- Certified in Fire Safety (F-80 or F-02)
- Certified in CPR
- Valid driver’s license
- Certified in NCI - Non Crisis Intervention
Family Medical Plans (Employee only pays 20%)
Family Dental Plans (Employee only pays 20%)
Family Vision Plans
Generous Parental Leave Policy
Extended Sick Leave policy
Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit resume and cover letter online only. No calls please.