Details: Please provide salary requirements.
1730 Rhode Island Ave. NW
The HALO Trust is the world’s largest humanitarian mine clearance organization, working to make the world Landmine Free by 2025. We have over 8,500 staff on the ground in 25 countries and territories, helping millions of families return to their homes safely, but there is still much to do.
We are looking for an effective and proactive Communications and Marketing Officer based in Washington, D.C to support communications for the fundraising and public affairs teams. You’ll play a key role in raising our brand awareness and supporting fundraising and advocacy efforts in the US by maximizing our impact across a wide range of online, print, and media channels. We’ve got great stories to tell and need someone with the creative vision to spot the gems and make them resonate with our diverse, growing audience.
The role will be based in our Washington, D.C. office. You will liaise daily with the communications team in the UK and our international programs to leverage global opportunities to maximize fundraising and advocacy campaigns.
· Implement fundraising and advocacy campaigns across our digital platforms, including email, social media, and halotrust.org.
· Design and print handouts, brochures, flyers, banners, etc. to support fundraising and advocacy campaigns.
· Establish contacts with relevant US media outlets.
· Produce and ensure regular placement of op-eds and press releases in US outlets.
· Grow and engage HALO’s digital community of donors and champions.
· Maintain cross-channel US content calendar so we’re telling cohesive stories.
· Track and optimize campaigns to reach fundraising and advocacy goals.
· Identify and adapt to emerging tools and tactics in an ever-changing space.
· One to three years’ experience of marketing, digital fundraising, communications, or related fields.
· Ability to coordinate campaigns that inspire sharing, giving, and boost e-newsletter subscriptions.
· Ability to work with email, web, and social media analytics to measure and improve performance.
· Working knowledge of multiple disciplines across the communications spectrum, e.g. design, media relations, printed collateral, etc.
· Ability to meet deadlines and manage complex projects.
OTHER VALUABLE SKILLS (BUT NOT REQUIRED)
· Knowledge of international humanitarian work
· Existing HALO toolset: MailChimp, Salesforce, InDesign, and DonorBox
· Google and Facebook Advertising
· Photoshop/graphic design/data visualization
· Writing/placing media content
· Resourceful self-starter who gets things done.
· Able to communicate with people of all levels and cultures.
· Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Ability to think strategically.
· Able to prioritize and work to deadlines.
· Idea generator with an appetite for new technologies.
· 25 days paid annual leave
· 5 paid sick days
· 12 paid holidays
· 100% paid medical insurance
401(k) plan with employer match
25 days paid annual leave
5 paid sick days
12 paid holidays
100% paid medical insurance
401(k) plan with employer match
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please provide the following:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample
- Salary requirements