Details: Salary dependent upon qualifications and experience.
The Events Manager will be a successful and enthusiastic professional that will manage events from conception through to completion. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, take charge professional with the ability to manage administration and logistics of numerous projects and events, including annual organizational events and volunteer fundraising events. He or she will have a passion for and experience with event management and volunteerism; someone who provides outstanding customer service, is an enthusiastic professional, who is relational, comfortable speaking with the public, and is able to build relationships with internal and external customers. Must be able to use discretionary judgement, negotiate with vendors, manage event budget, anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, work independently to meet deadlines, feel comfortable leading meetings, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
· As part of marketing team, manage, collaborate, promote and publicize events.
· Manage event budgets.
· Use signatory discretion up to $1,500 and contracts related specifically to events.
· Document activities prior-to-and-during the events for internal and external communications.
· Build productive business relationships – interact with internal departments, vendors, volunteer event fundraisers to identify needs and to ensure event success.
· Negotiate with vendors on event related matters; make decisions such as décor, catering, entertainment, transportation, location, invitee list, special guests, equipment, promotional material, etc.
· Manage and arrange food & beverage, order supplies, equipment and signage, and ensure appropriate décor to meet quality and brand expectations.
· Prepare nametags, materials, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
· Assist with management on-site production and clean up for events as necessary
· Use discretionary judgement to handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on event day.
· Close out all events as required.
· Conduct pre-and-post-event evaluations and report on outcomes.
· Provide periodic progress reports to Director of Marketing for each event project.
· Provide feedback and periodic reports to stakeholders.
· Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
· Propose ideas to improve provided services and event quality.
· Act as the point of contact for smaller/ambassador-led events as needed.
· Act as the bridge between client and Marketing team.
· Available to manage occasional weekend events and travel locally, regionally and internationally, if necessary, for event management purposes.
Minimum Experience and Required Skills:
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Portfolio of previously managed successful events.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
· Experience in assisting with negotiations for space contracts and booking event space.
· Excellent time management, communication and trouble-shooting skills, and project management experience.
· Ability to manage multiple projects independently and simultaneously; ability to handle high-stress environments.
· Experience working in Greater Giving Event Management Software/Auction Pay and Classy ideal.
· Very comfortable working in WordPress and Salesforce.
· Proficient using the Web to conduct research, event administration, and procurement as well as MS Office proficiency.
· Comfortable with Adobe Creative Suite.
· Prior experience with Smartsheet and versed in Social Media are a plus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Minimum Education Required