Responsible for multiple special projects pertaining to health services delivery, health information technology, performance measurement and quality improvement, and other research and evaluation work on emerging clinical and public health topics around health equity, data quality, clinical performance and outcomes, and clinical practice transformation.
SPECIFIC DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Plans and directs all activities and manages grant contract responsibilities for designated projects.
· Develops and monitors adherence to project budgets, personnel utilization and project expenditures.
· Develops and maintains detailed project outlines and work plans.
· Writes project progress reports; prepares reports for President/CEO, Board of Directors and funders as requested; and assists with the preparation of scientific papers.
· Facilitates on-site and remote project implementation trainings, webinars, calls, etc. with project participants including health center staff, content experts, community-based partners, and other Essential Access staff.
· Represents Essential Access Health externally (meetings, committees, partner collaborations, etc.) and internally (quality committee, telehealth task force, sub-committees, etc.).
· Assesses clinical operations to develop strategies for successfully implementing new policies and procedures in clinical environments.
· Works one-on-one in person and remotely with health center staff on implementing project objectives.
· Disseminates project findings by developing webinars for Essential Access Health’s Learning Exchange, creating resources that can be disseminated more widely and presenting at conferences.
· Supports performance improvement activities and creates content for the Title X data dashboard.
· Coordinates project data collection activities and assists health center staff with fulfilling data collection requirements.
· Aggregates and analyzes project level qualitative and quantitative data for reporting purposes and evaluation of project impact.
· Collaborates across programs and departments to integrate cross program activities.
· Assists with the preparation of proposals as requested.
· Provides ongoing supervision to project staff and monitors daily activities of field staff as needed.
· Additional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job.
· Degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s) in clinical, health sciences or related field - public health, health administration, nursing, or related field.
· 4 years of relevant professional experience in a health center, hospital or health plan setting (or 2 years with Master’s degree) that includes direct experience in project management (program implementation, management, and evaluation).
· Knowledge of and interest in community health and primary care practice environments and operations.
· Success with the development, implementation and evaluation of program models.
· Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills including strong communication, presentation and training/meeting facilitation skills; excellent writing, research, analytical skills; ability to motivate and drive change; problem identification, analysis and resolution skills; and ability to support health centers and manage relationships remotely.
· Experience with electronic health record (EHR) software preferred.
· Experience with grant and proposal writing preferred.
· Experience with clinical quality/performance improvement and knowledge of performance improvement methodology and tools (e.g. IHI, Lean) preferred.
· Experience in research data collection and analysis preferred.
· Clinical experience desirable.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Ability to work independently and/or in a team setting.
· Excellent organizational skills and adept at working on multiple projects.
· Available to travel, including overnight, evenings, and some weekends.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
A current California Driver’s License, current registration and current automobile insurance coverage is required if you drive on company business.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Access Health’s mission is to champion and promote quality sexual + reproductive health care for all. All employees must be supportive of Essential Access Health mission and goals and be able to handle mature subject material about sexual and reproductive health in a confident and professional manner.
Responsible for multiple special projects pertaining to health services delivery, health information technology, performance measurement and quality improvement, and other research and evaluation work on emerging…