720 2nd Ave
United Way of King County is a recognized leader in solving the community’s toughest challenges. We value creative, self-motivated people who care deeply about creating community solutions. Come join our Development Team as an Engagement Officer.
This position is responsible for the creative development, design, implementation, and evaluation of employee giving and volunteer strategies, and for building relationships with local and national companies such as Starbucks, Nordstrom, and PACCAR. Position promotes the Emerging Leaders program, United Way’s signature products and employee giving through strategic outreach and public speaking. Serves as a relationship builder with key individuals and volunteers in assigned accounts to raise funds for United Way of King County.
Provides quality, effective account management and works to develop relationships that engage and enhance donor and volunteer connections. Involves regular one-on-one interaction with executive volunteers, Loaned Executives, campaign coordinators, and corporate community relations staff to achieve their corporate social responsibility goals. Utilizes volunteerism as a point-of-entry to giving.
- Manages a portfolio of 50 - 60 companies and their campaign coordinators, focusing on growing and retaining employee giving efforts.
- Co-creates strategies that match the companies’ needs using a range of UWKC offerings.
- Collaborates closely with individual giving staff at all donor levels.
- Proactively promotes the use of Emerging Leaders and Emerging Leaders 365 program to build both groups.
- Networks to consistently recruit potential donors and regularly converts a significant number of donors
- Supports employee volunteer projects to ensure a positive experience with United Way and to create a pathway to giving.
- Provides accurate data and timely reports, weekly projections, shares best practices, and supports team as needed.
- Maintains thorough documentation of account activities and history in United Way’s constituent relationship management (CRM) database.
- Represents United Way of King County in the community and with companies via frequent public speaking, presentations, and networking activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills, beginning with discovery and including closing gifts
- Strong communication skills – listening, public speaking, and formal/informal business writing
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, create appealing programs, break new ground, and attract support from stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability working comfortably with corporate executives as well as individual donors
- Ability to manage volunteers through successful fundraising campaigns and efforts.
- Excellent task, time, and project management skills, ability to set goals and objectives, and use appropriate analytic techniques and tools to regularly update projections
- Demonstrated ability to gain trust and establish a collaborative, positive working relationship with all contacts
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and independent judgment and/or action in evaluating situations and making decisions
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office. Enterprise and Microsoft Dynamics CRM experience a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with experience in Fundraising, Sales, Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field. A minimum of 3 years’ experience in fundraising or sales/marketing. Experience with face-to-face donor solicitation and knowledge of fundraising techniques, with an emphasis in customer relationship building, is highly desired. Volunteer management experience a plus.
The annual recruitment range is $65,500 to $69,500 depending on successful experience and prior accomplishments. Consideration for a slightly higher salary will be given for a highly qualified candidate.
The first review will be on September 20, 2018; the position is open until filled - don’t hesitate, please apply now at: http://www.uwkc.org/about/careers
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
- Opportunity to work with smart, passionate and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
- Working with diverse staff and other constituents
- Culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
- Exciting and challenging work
- Opportunity to help solve the community's toughest problems
- Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
- Many other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required