Details: We offer an attractive salary with opportunity for a performance based increase.
District of Columbia
APOPO is an award-winning global nonprofit that deploys African giant pouched rats to detect landmines and tuberculosis in affected countries across the world. At our Headquarters in Tanzania, we also research and develop other applications for detection rats to address global challenges such as anti-wildlife trafficking, search and rescue, and early detection of disease.
Due to the appeal and innovation of our “HeroRATs”, APOPO commands strong public support, has a large engaged online community and an outstanding media profile. Along with the digital tooling that is mostly in place, we believe that the HeroRATs represent an excellent marketing opportunity and we are looking for a dynamic, knowledgeable, and seasoned product marketer to leverage our brand and increase our public income.
About your new role:
Our HeroRAT’s have proven selling potential, and it’s up to the Product Marketing Manager (PMM) to measurably increase revenue by building relevant and receptive audiences and converting them to loyal customers. This will be carried out through highly targeted acquisition, monetization and engagement campaigns, and the cementing of customer relationships through the execution of thorough donor-retention strategies. The PMM operates directly under the APOPO CEO and is supported by an assistant based in France. S/he collaborates with APOPO’s communication team as well as a graphic designer and IT Manager, while also engaging with APOPO’s global management team. The position offers opportunities for travelling to APOPO programs in the field.
• Accountable for the formulation, planning and execution of successful public fundraising campaigns and marketing activities that raise brand awareness, build communities and sell our product across social media, email, traditional media, giving sites, DIY campaigning, and other pioneering initiatives.
• The design and implementation of measurement infrastructure for all key metrics, as well as creating an environment conducive to quick and easy A/B testing.
• Continuance and finalization of infrastructure development such as, website donation pages, online payment systems, dashboards and databases, and the HeroRAT products themselves.
• Training and development of an assistant and the provision of consistent marketing direction and vision to the rest of the team.
Key Qualifications and competencies
· At least a Bachelor’s degree in a related subject (longer experience can offset a lower qualifications)
· A 5-year proven track record in conceiving, developing, and executing product marketing campaigns, strategies and donor retention, through media, social media, emailing, customer relations and other initiatives
· Understanding of US/ European audiences and excellent audience analysis skills
· Understanding and experience of product pricing strategies
· Strong budgetary skills
· Excellent marketing writing skills in English
· Understanding of basic design and digital content for marketing
· Thorough knowledge of monitoring tools and software such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Heat-maps etc., as well as the preparation of professional reports, KPIs and recommendations.
· Understanding of donor oversight, management and retention through CRM databases and helpdesks
· Website CMS experience
· Has a strong and relevant network of marketing experts and peers
· Background in the aid sector
· Basic photography and video skills (including editing)
Contract and salary
· APOPO is looking for a long-term commitment
· We offer an attractive salary with opportunity for a performance-based increase
Level of Language Proficiency
Strong english speaker and writer
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter through the website link.