300 Frank H Ogawa Plaza
East Bay College Fund is hiring Director of Strategic Partnerships to generate awareness, support, and partnerships, to address the need for equity in education. The position is responsible for communications and marketing, partnerships with agencies, corporate, and higher education partners, and to directly support the efforts of the Executive Director to build the Oakland Promise.
The East Bay College Fund is a non-profit organization that helps resilient public school students, under-represented in higher education, access and succeed in college and expand their life opportunities. It aspires to involve the whole community in providing college access services, scholarships, mentoring, and support networks to assist young people in realizing their full potential. East Bay College Fund is in a time of expansion to lead the Oakland Promise, a cross-sector partnership with OUSD and the Mayor’s office, with the goal of tripling the number of college graduates in a decade.
• Cultivate relationships with foundations, corporations, and individuals to support the work of the organization. Asking for funds and engaging the company as the work is implemented.
• Responsible, with the DevCom Team for gala fundraising event
• Liaison to college alumni offices for funding scholarships
Communications Management/ Evangelist of the College Success Cause:
• Develop and implement an annual communications plan and track progress to goals on monthly dashboard
• Responsible for all EBCF collateral, bi-weekly e-news communications, social media, partner media, online video course, and TV and print media
• Develop & manage a team of student, alumni, mentor, and board speakers who can be called upon to tell the EBCF story
• Develop “EBCF Guide to College,” Awards Night Collateral, and End of Year Report
• Supervise a FT Outreach Manager who has a social media intern
• With the Executive Director, support development of partnerships with the Oakland Promise including the Mayor’s Office and Oakland Unified School District
• Support partnerships with colleges including signing MOUs for matched scholarships and persistence services and co-leading College Success Impact Team
• Supervise FT Fellow or intern that supports the College Success Impact Team (college partners monthly meetings) and who provides evaluation support
Support the Organization’s other teams:
• Work with the directors to always have clear Fast Facts, elevator pitch practice, and metrics clear.
• Produce an Investment report to thank new donors
• Produce all pitch decks for programs, foundation, corporate, and individual asks
• Market EBCF to be a leader in the field, supporting directors to present at conferences, etc
• Develop communications as part of the program strategy.
• Minimum of a B.A., ideally in communications, public policy, education, or development related field
• Minimum of 3+ years of experience in non-profit leadership
• Experience managing staff
• The ideal candidate will have strong skills and experience in non-profit communications or development
• Experiences and strong skills in writing for communications, social media, communication technology, event planning
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
• Ability to plan, strategize, organize, calendar, and prioritize tasks/projects.
• Passionate commitment to college access and success for all people.
• Ability to prioritize, multi task, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. (We are a small staff team, very dedicated to our work!)
• Must demonstrate initiative, a willingness to pitch in, and have a sense of humor!
East Bay College Fund is a fun-loving, dedicated, diverse team of professionals, volunteers, and partners committed to tripling the number of college graduates in Oakland and expanding young people's potential. If that sounds like you- join us! To apply: Email your resume and cover letter to Diane Dodge, Executive Director at email@example.com (No calls please) – And thank you for your interest!
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required