400 Liberty Avenue
Position: Health Home Serving Children Care Manager
Program/Department: Health Home Care Management
Location: 400 Liberty Avenue, 2nd Floor, Brooklyn, New York 11207
Hours: Full Time
Care Managers provide outreach and enrollment services to children presumed to meet eligibility requirements of New York State’s Children’s Health Home program. They gather assessments and enter documentation that confirms eligibility and identifies areas requiring supportive services. They work with children, families and service providers to create a comprehensive Plan of Health Care, identify additional service providers as necessary, and coordinate the continuing involvement of families and service providers in the execution of the plan. Care Managers document progress and arrange for eventual transition between health homes as necessary, or from health homes to other levels of service following changes in eligibility.
- Maintain a caseload of up to 15 youth.
- Document all case activity, including outreach, consent development and assessment, plan development, client progress and transition arrangements.
- Administer CANS-NY, updating periodically.
- Develop a comprehensive, family-driven youth-guided Plan of Health Care.
- Inventory and coordinate existing services relevant to the Plan of Care, identifying and securing additional services as appropriate.
- Convene and conduct meetings to review progress, update POCs, and confirm continuing client eligibility.
- Provide education to family and child concerning the nature and desired effect of services, along with information concerning conditions being treated.
- Assist families and children in the acquisition and maintenance of public benefits e.g., financial, educational, social, and community services.
- Provide Health Home services for children with medium or high acuity needs, including at least two services per month, with at least one of those conducted face to face.
- Assure responsible transition of client service into and out of Health Home care, between child and adult health homes, and between inpatient and community care as appropriate.
- Participate in mandatory and optional training, including but not confined to: CANS-NY administration, family-driven youth-guided, trauma-informed care; IT, and meeting management.
- Participate in supervision and monthly team meetings.
- Other duties as may be required.
- Qualifications Required:
- BA with 2 years relevant experience, OR RN with 2 years relevant experience, OR MA with 1 year experience
- Spanish/English bilingual a plus.
- Related experience required including outreach experience preferred.
- Relevant experience in serving children and families in child welfare, developmental disabilities, behavioral health, primary health care, or social services.
- Experience coordinating and participating in team settings.
- Solid writing and verbal communication.
- Work effectively and knowledgeably across a broad spectrum of cultural, ethnic, and racial communities.
- Ability to work in an effective and focused manner when self-directed and beyond immediate oversight.
- Ability to deliver family-driven, youth-guided services.
Medical insurance with very low staff contributions, voluntary dental and vision insurance; 23 accrued vacation days and 12 sick days, life insurance coverage paid by employer, pre-tax commuter benefits, 403b retirement plan as well as training and professional development opportunities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and resume to:
Orlando Mendoza, LMSW