Details: $14.50 to $16.00/hour
10600 NE 68th Street
MEOW Cat Rescue seeks a Volunteer Scheduler to coordinate the scheduling of in-shelter volunteers and to ensure that volunteer shifts are adequately staffed. They also assist the Shelter Managers in the recruitment, selection, and retention of the volunteers who staff shelter operations. The Volunteer Scheduler must act in a professional manner, display a team attitude and approach, and be supportive of staff and volunteers.
Essential responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintains volunteer schedule to ensure that the level and experience of the volunteers is appropriate and sufficient each day that the shelter is open. Fills vacancies created by volunteer absences, planned and unplanned, as they arise.
- Builds positive relationships with all volunteers to ensure that they feel valued and appreciated. Communicates with volunteers in an efficient and timely manner, helping to maintain an open relationship with each one, to aid in volunteer retention and overall satisfaction.
- Coordinates the volunteer program for MEOW Cat Rescue to ensure that volunteers have the training and support that they require. Schedules the first shift for new volunteers, arranging for initial training by the Shift Lead.
- Works with other shelter staff and the Volunteer Advisory Team to assess changes in shelter needs with respect to volunteers and staff.
- Responds to inquiries from the public regarding the volunteer program within a reasonable timeframe.
- Works with special events chairpersons to determine and fill appropriate volunteer jobs as requested.
- Works with Shelter Manager, Assistant Manager, Director, Board of Directors and Volunteer Advisory Team to facilitate recognition of the efforts of the volunteers.
- Maintains and updates databases, schedules, and other electronic lists as they pertain to volunteers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· Experience scheduling volunteers in a volunteer-staffed organization
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, and Excel, as well as comfortable learning new software
- Strong oral and written communication skills with diverse groups and individuals
- Organized and efficient, with strong attention to detail, follow-through and ability to execute complex processes accurately
- Able to deal well with stressful situations and a wide variety of people
- Reliable, honest and able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Friendly, approachable and engaging personality
- Creative and thrive in a collaborative work environment
- Belief in and ability to commit to the mission of MEOW Cat Rescue
· Proficiency in Volgistics or other volunteer management software
This is a half-time (20 hours/week) position.
Flexible schedule, liberal sick leave/vacation policy.
Minimum Education Required