4511 Daly Drive
WESTERN FAIRFAX CHRISTIAN MINISTRIES
FOOD PANTRY DIRECTOR
“All great change in America begins at the dinner table.” –Ronald Reagan
WFCM seeks a creative, energetic, motivated Food Pantry Director. You have the unique opportunity to partner with us in serving families at risk for hunger and homelessness, while using your hard-earned experience in warehouse and logistics management.
At WFCM, we want to make sure people’s dinner tables have enough food on them to fuel their lives, passions, and dreams. WFCM is a Christian organization started by 12 local churches 30 years ago. We now partner with over 40 local houses of worship, plus businesses, other nonprofits, and Fairfax County, and have grown to be the premier provider of food and emergency financial assistance in Western Fairfax. We want you to make a difference as part of our growing team of innovators.
There’s a place for you at the table if you:
- Have a heart for service and a love of people
- Want to use your warehouse and logistics experience to make a tangible difference in the lives of people in your community
- Are willing to learn new things
- Are fluent in Spanish or at least have a working knowledge of the language
- Know what it means to work in a fast-paced warehouse environment, but are also comfortable managing data and details
- Are excited about every day being different!
- Are passionate about our mission: “As an expression of God’s love and a demonstration of the gospel of Jesus Christ, WFCM provides food and financial support to those at risk of hunger and homelessness.”
What’s on the menu:
- You’ll manage one staff person and volunteers, communicate with and assist clients, accept donations, and work with vendors and donors
- On our team, communication is essential! You’ll work with the Evening Pantry Manager and other staff to ensure the smooth, effective operation of all aspects of WFCM’s services
- You’ll go the extra mile to help our clients, make sure they have food on their tables and have experienced God’s love while at WFCM
What you bring to the table:
- Respect for the dignity and worth of all people
- Previous warehouse experience
- Strong computer and communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds or more daily and are OK with being on your feet
- A team and communication-focused work style
Ready to join us in our fight against hunger?
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Rebecca Kolowé, Executive Director, at rkolowe (at) wfcmva.org. Western Fairfax Christian Ministries is an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more about WFCM and find a full job description at www.wfcmva.org
Job Description BELOW
Job Title: Food Pantry Director
Department: Food Pantry
Reports To: Executive Director
Last Updated: September 2018
Job Status: Exempt, Salaried, Full-time
General Statement of Duties:
The Food Pantry Director oversees the operations of WFCM’s Food Pantry. The Director supervises a team of one additional staff member and volunteers.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides for the clean, safe and efficient operation of the Food Pantry
- Oversees the fair and equitable distribution of food to clients
- Oversees the processing of food donations
- Oversees stocking of pantry shelves and storage spaces
- Manages USDA’s The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP), to include ensuring adherence to program guidelines, submitting food orders and invoices, overseeing food distribution, maintaining client records, submitting required reports to USDA/CACFB, and attending mandatory meetings
- Maintains database of contacts for incoming and outgoing donations
- Ensures accuracy of food pantry data in client database
- Supervises Evening Food Pantry Manager, volunteers, and interns, which includes training, scheduling, and providing for duties
- Works with Community Outreach manager to coordinate food drives with local community partners including churches, schools, businesses, and other organizations
- Works in collaboration with Client Services and Development staff for the good of the ministry.
- Serves as part of WFCM’s Executive Management Team, alongside the Executive Director, Director of Client Services, and Director of Development.
- Makes decisions, in collaboration with the Executive Director, concerning critical pantry needs and equipment, such as fridges, freezers, storage, etc.
- Updates client guidelines as necessary
- Monitors food pantry inventory and assists in creating list of “critical needs” for publication
- Provides data as necessary for grant and other reports
- Networks with similar agencies and attends regional meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Fluency in Spanish REQUIRED.
- A background in logistics, warehouse management, food distribution, or other relevant experience preferred.
- Willingness to work collaboratively with WFCM staff, volunteers, and donors; Excellent interpersonal skills; Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Respect for the dignity and worth of all clients
- Agreement with the mission of WFCM and ability to confidently communicate this mission to the public
- Proficiency in basic office software; Knowledge of Salesforce or other data management systems preferred
- You are comfortable with a flexible schedule, including some nights and weekends
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize work tasks and carry out multiple tasks at the same time
- Completion of required courses with USDA (will be provided if hired)
- Able to lift and carry items up to 50 lbs.
- Able to stand for extended periods
- Able to sit at a desk comfortably while working on a computer, for extended periods of time
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required