54 Ellis Street Northeast
The Atlanta Legal Aid Society, Inc. seeks a Manager of Operations and Facilities to oversee all business functions and overall operations of the program. The Manager is responsible for managing the physical facilities and associated systems of the program’s headquarters located at 54 Ellis Street, Atlanta, as well as the building and plant needs of our four other offices, which are leased. Other responsibilities include:
Business Operations and Facilities
- Liaison with building management on issues of maintenance & repair for all leased offices
- Manage relationships for office resources and vendors
- Inventory and manage office supplies as needed
- Implement document management solutions for staff, including storage and maintenance of closed client files
- Review and revise vendor services to maximize resources and minimize expenses
- Review and revise office resources and equipment to meet user needs
- Formalize, update, and communicate facilities and operational policies and procedures
- Manage all building security needs, including maintaining card access systems and security systems
- Manage set up and take down of furnishings for event space at 54 Ellis
- Provide support to events, including but not limited to, arranging catering, after hours coverage, and coordinating set-up and break-down
- Supervise Front Desk staff at 54 Ellis.
Qualifications: Highly preferred candidates will have 3+ years facilities management experience, including possessing general knowledge regarding all aspects of facilities maintenance, risk management, and compliance with building codes and local regulations. Additional preferred qualifications include, potential office moves, and long-term facilities operations, as well as experience in evaluating and negotiating with vendors. A general knowledge of document control systems and databases is a plus. A customer satisfaction orientation, excellent verbal, written communication, and listening skills, adaptability, ability to work independently and to organize and prioritize work, and ability to work as a team player with diverse staff and clientele are required. Preferred but not required: land management, construction, experience managing lease negotiations.
Salary starts at $47,600 with 5 years of experience. The program provides generous fringe benefits including paid holidays, vacation, sick, and paid parental leave; health, life, and long and short-term disability insurance; partial payment for dependent health insurance; a salary reduction option for a flexible spending account; educational loan reimbursement up to $600 per month (after a $65 deductible and set off of other loan reimbursement amounts); and voluntary tax-sheltered annuity with 3% match.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
A complete application packet must include a resume, a letter explaining your interest in the position, as well as the names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three references. Please send your application as one PDF using our online application system: